Chapter 11 - The prince

Vanessa's POV

I gave Rick a bright smile and threw myself into his arms as soon as I approached him. It had been three days since I saw him. I missed my boyfriend so much. We just talked on the phone.

When I asked him what his boss told him about the fight, he informed me that despite the fact Nathan Carter was angry at him, he didn't fire him. Then Rick told me that probably Jack didn't file a complaint because the police didn't come to the nightclub or his apartment after the fight to arrest him. However, I felt worried after hearing about it; I was afraid that Jack would try to get revenge. He wouldn't stay calm after what happened at the nightclub.

Yesterday, I heard from my father that Jack was taken to the hospital two days ago because he fell down the stairs. So it meant he didn't tell anyone about his fight with Rick at the nightclub.

"Let's go," my gorgeous Italian suggested, caressing my cheek affectionately after kissing me feverishly.

After having dinner at the restaurant, we decided to stroll in the park, enjoying beautiful starry night.

Rick wrapped his arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer to him while we were walking, enjoying each other's company. It was late; so there weren't a lot of people here.

When we were about to go back, six armed men surrounded us, pointing their guns at Rick. I squeezed Rick's arm in fear as my heart started pounding.

I gritted my teeth in frustration as I recognized one of the men; it was Fred, Jack's right-hand man. He had started working recently. I saw him a few times when I met up with Jack or when he came to the mansion to see my father.

"It is Jack's men," I whispered to Rick nervously.

Fred narrowed his eyes, looking at Rick in confusion. Meanwhile, Rick was looking at them with a stoic expression on his face. It felt like it wasn't him whose life was in danger.

Fred gulped nervously and demanded that the other men pulled their guns away. I looked at him, puzzled. What was going on? Why did he demand it?

As the men didn't obey him, Fred repeated it again. "Pull down the guns now!" he tucked his gun into his waistband and ordered the armed men. "And go to the cars."

I looked at them in shock while the men listened to him and walked away. Fred rubbed the back of his neck nervously and approached Rick.

"I am sorry, Prince." He gave Rick an apologetic look.

"Prince?" I frowned, puzzled, traveling my gaze from Fred to Rick and vice versa. "What is going on? Don't tell me you are the Prince of Italy?" I asked Rick, furrowing my eyebrows.

Yes, Italy wasn't a monarchy, but I heard that the royal family was still respected there, but how Fred knew him.

"I am not," Rick denied firmly, looking at me.

"I don't talk about the royal family," Fred clarified. "He is..."

"Did he send you here?" Rick asked him angrily, cutting him off.

Who is Rick talking about?

What is going on here? I don't understand anything anymore.

"Yes, I have a mission here," Fred replied politely. "He will be happy when he hears that you are here. He is looking for you everywhere. We didn't know you were here," he added, excited and pulled his phone out of his pocket.

Rick snatched the phone from his hand instantly and threw it away. My eyes widened in shock.

"You will not inform him," Rick warned Fred in a bossy tone.