Chapter 12 - The mysterious stranger

Rick's POV

My father chuckled. "Did you forget who I am?!" I rolled my eyes. "A few days ago you were in trouble because of that girl; you were lucky my man was there, and he intervened, saving your life." I looked away, clenching my fist. "One way or another it is your destiny. You can't run away from it. It runs in your blood," he added firmly, poking his finger into my chest.

"I would have handled it myself if Fred wasn't there," I said confidently.

"Of course. You are my son," he commented proudly. Then he heaved a loud sigh and added firmly. "I am generous today; so I will give you a week to end everything with that girl and come back with me to Sicily. And don't try to run away again. This time I won't let you escape."

"No. I love Vanessa," I refused hotly, shaking my head.

"Which one does she love: you or her fiancé?" he asked mockingly.

"She doesn't love him," I stated firmly, clenching my fist.

He smirked. "You have a week. You are my son; so I will make a compromise. You may bring that girl if she is ready to ditch her fiancé and come with you," he suggested nonchalantly, resting his hand in his pocket.

"Dad, it isn't about Vanessa. I don't want that life. Don't you understand it?!" I commented, annoyed.

"It is enough! You will come back to Sicily with her or without her, but you will be home in a week," my father demanded and left without letting me say anything, slamming the door behind him.

"Fuck!" I cursed under my breath and kicked the chair angrily.

Damn it! Damn it!

He won't leave me alone.

I will kill Fred in the first opportunity. How dare he tell my father where I am!

I gritted my teeth and pushed everything off the table furiously. I held my head between my hands and slid down the wall. How could I change my father's mind?

I frowned as someone knocked on the door. I heaved a loud sigh, standing up, and approached the door, running my hand through my hair.

"Nessa? What are you doing here?" I asked, puzzled as I opened the door.

"I am sorry. I can't stay away from you. I missed you so much," she replied and hugged me tightly. "I love you, Rick."

I smiled happily and hugged her back, breathing in her mind-blowing scent. How much I missed my girl.

"I love you too, amore mio." I cupped her cheeks and kissed her passionately.

"What happened here?" Vanessa asked in shock as she walked in. "Are you okay? Who did it? Are you hurt?" she added in panic and grabbed my hand as she saw blood on my knuckles.

"I am fine," I assured her and pulled my hand away.

"You are bleeding, Rick. Where is your first aid kit?" She ruffled her hair with trembling hand, looking at me worriedly.

As soon as I told her where the first aid kit was, she rushed towards the drawer and came back after grabbing the kit.

"Who did it? Jack?" she asked anxiously while disinfecting my wound.

"No." I shook my head and breathed deeply. "Let's say I had a tough day." I gave her a slight smile.

"What happened? Is it because of me?" Vanessa asked, concerned and sighed sadly. "It doesn't matter what happens, I will always love you, Rick," she confessed, cupping my cheek, and gave me a reassuring smile.

I smiled sadly, stroking her cheek affectionately, and brushed my lips against her lips, pulling her into my laps. She wrapped her arms around my neck, kissing me back as I deepened the kiss, kissing my girl passionately.