Chapter 21 - Revenge

Vanessa's POV

Fucking bastard!

I clenched my fists furiously while staring at my reflection in the mirror.

Fortunately, Jack wasn't coming back soon. And for my parents, I had to find some lie not to meet up with them till they went for a vacation next week because a scarf or concealer couldn't hide these hickeys. I heaved a loud sigh and wiped my tears off my cheeks.

***

I bit my lower lip nervously, looking at myself in the mirror, and adjusted the scarf around my neck. Fortunately, it faded slightly. So now I could hide it with a scarf.

I didn't want to think what would happen if Jack saw these hickeys. He came back yesterday. Now he demanded that I joined him for dinner.

I heaved a loud sigh and went downstairs.

"You look so happy to see your husband as always," Jack commented mockingly as he saw me walking into the living room.

I rolled my eyes and sat down on the chair without saying anything. Once the maids served the dinner, they left, leaving us alone.

"Are you not hot? You look ridiculous wearing a scarf in this weather," Jack asked, gesturing to my scarf.

I placed my hand on my scarf reflectively as my heart started pounding, and I mumbled nervously. "No, I am not. I don't feel good. Probably, I caught a cold."

He frowned, standing up, and approached me.

"What are you doing?" I asked, pulling my head back as he wanted to put his hand on my forehead.

He ignored my question and checked my temperature. "You don't have temperature. Take off this scarf," he said, annoyed and pulled my scarf quickly before I managed to stop him. "What the heck?!" he shouted as his face darkened after seeing the hickey on my neck, and he grabbed my arm, pulling me up, making me stand up.

"Jack... I...," I mumbled nervously.

"You fucking slut!" he exclaimed, frustrated and slapped me across my face. I lost my balance and fell down, crying. He grabbed a handful of my hair and pulled it back, making me face him. "Who is he? Tell me!" he snapped, gripping my hair tightly.

"Jack... Let go of me! You are hurting me," I begged, crying while trying to pull away from him, but he didn't release my hair. I gulped nervously as he stared at my chest. In a flash he ripped my blouse. His jaw clenched as he saw the hickeys on my chest.

"You don't let me touch you, but you give it to someone else. Do you think I will let you disgrace me again?! You will pay for it," he warned me, giving me an intimidating look and kicked me in the stomach.

I curled up, crying, and pulled the ripped sides of my blouse together, trying to cover my chest as much as possible while lying on the floor as Jack finally stopped hitting me. He gave me a murderous look and leaned towards me. I pulled back in fear, giving him a begging look.

"No... please...," I pleaded, trying to pull back as he grabbed my arm.

"Pray I didn't kill you and send you beside your ex-lover." He gave me a disgusting look and dragged me towards the stairs, ignoring my protests and pleas.

As soon as Jack opened my bedroom door, he threw me onto the floor. I groaned, holding my arm in pain while crying.

"You want to be naughty, then you will do it with me." He gave me a disgusting smirk and leaned over me.

"No. No," I protested, trying to pull back when he wanted to take off my torn blouse.

Suddenly, his phone rang. He cursed under his breath and pulled his phone out of his pocket. I wrapped the sides of my torn blouse around me tightly and pulled away from him while shaking in fear.