Chapter 3 - Irresistible

Rick's POV

I tried to concentrate on my work under Vanessa's gaze. She had been drinking, staring at me, full of sadness in her eyes.

"Hi, Rick," Charlotte, my boss' girlfriend greeted me warmly, interrupting my thoughts, and gave me a bright smile. She was a famous model and the daughter of a well-known businessman, Asher Wright.

"Hi. How are you?" I asked politely and gave her a bright smile after giving Vanessa a glance. She was staring at us while gripping her glass tightly.

"Good. You?" She asked warmly.

"Fine. Thanks. The boss is in his office," I informed her.

"See you later," Charlotte winked at me and walked towards Nathan's office.

When I turned around to look at Vanessa, her seat was empty. I looked around, looking for her, but she was nowhere seen. Probably, she left. I heaved a loud sigh and continued working sadly while thinking of her. How I wished Vanessa wasn't his daughter, but someone else's daughter; unfortunately, we were doomed from the beginning.

***

When I was leaving the nightclub, I saw Vanessa leaning against her white car. My heart started pounding like crazy; I hadn't seen her the last two days, and I should admit I missed her and looked for her at the nightclub every day.

As Vanessa saw me, she straightened and gave me a lazy smile. I breathed deeply and approached her, placing my hand into my pocket.

"Why do you act cold towards me? What did I do to you?" she asked, annoyed and poked his finger at my chest. She looked tipsy. "Do you have a girlfriend? Because of it, you put a distance between us?!" Vanessa added sadly, giving me a quizzical look.

"No, I don't have," I replied honestly. Pretending that Charlotte and I were close was a stupid idea.

"You are handsome. Women would like to be with you. I won't believe for a second that you didn't receive any attention from the opposite sex. Are you honest with me? You and that girl from the nightclub looked close. I know her slightly; she is a model," she resumed, unconvinced.

"No, she isn't my girlfriend. I am single," I clarified firmly as I understood she was talking about Charlotte.

As soon as Vanessa heard it, her eyes shone with happiness. Then she frowned, ruffling her hair. "Why do you push me away then? You looked interested in me too. I like you, Rick and want to know you better," she said sadly.

"I can't... I don't want a serious relationship," I mumbled as my throat tightened in sadness.

There was a huge fight between my heart and mind. I really liked Vanessa, but her father... I couldn't do it. I didn't want to go back to darkness again. I wouldn't be able to live anymore if I lost another person who was dear to me. I still felt guilty about what happened that day. It was my fault; everything happened because I was hot-headed, reckless and stubborn.

"Don't you find me attractive?" she asked, full of sadness in her eyes.

I pursed my lips together without knowing what to say. How could I say I didn't find her attractive when it was opposite? I couldn't get her angelic face, dazzling smile, captivating eyes and sexy body out of my mind.

"It isn't about it," I murmured, running my hand through my hair.

"Then let's try." Vanessa gave me a hopeful look and held my hand, brushing her lips against my lips. "Please," she murmured without pulling her lips away from mine and kissed me again, wrapping her arms around my neck.