Chapter 2 - Nightmare

Rick's POV

"Are you okay, angel?" I asked, worried, hugging her back, caressing her back.

Vanessa pulled back and nodded, wiping her tears off her cheeks. "Yes. And you? Your lips are bleeding," she asked, concerned and placed her fingertip on my wound, making me wince. "I am sorry," she said sadly, pulling her hand away.

"Don't worry. Nothing serious," I gave her a reassuring smile. "Who were they? What did they want from you?" I asked, worried.

She sighed, averting her gaze, and ruffled her hair. "Not from me," Vanessa mumbled. "It will be better if I go home. Thank you so much for everything you did for me tonight. I gave you a lot of trouble. You saved me twice in a day. I owe you." She gave me a grateful look.

"I will take you home."

"No need. I already gave you enough trouble. I will take a taxi," she refused, giving me a sad look.

"No, I will not let you go alone," I stated firmly and took off my leather jacket. "Put it on." I extended the jacket towards her. She nodded and took the jacket.

I walked towards my motorcycle and get on it. Vanessa approached me after putting on the jacket. I extended the helmet towards her, giving her a warm smile.

"Hold tight!" I said firmly as she got on the motorcycle.

She wrapped her arms around my waist tightly and leaned her head against my back. Feeling her against my body created different sensation in my body. Delicious sensation.

As I accelerated, she tightened her grip around me, making me smile. Sometimes I purposely did it to tease her.

As we arrived at the destination, I parked my car in front of a big luxurious mansion. So I was right, she was a billionaire princess.

"Thank you for everything." Vanessa gave me a grateful smile, extending the helmet towards me as she got off the motorcycle.

"You are welcome, angel." I winked at her playfully.

"By the way, you handled them easily," she commented, amazed.

"I did martial art," I informed nonchalantly.

"Impressive!" Vanessa exclaimed, fascinated. "Well... I would like to thank you. How about dinner? It is on me," she added hopefully and bit her lower lip nervously.

"You don't have to thank me. As I told you earlier everyone would do it. But... I wouldn't mind to have dinner with you," I said honestly.

"Great!" Vanessa smiled happily. "I will give you my number." She nodded, looking excited. Then she pulled her phone out of her bag quickly and saved my number. "Sweet dreams, angel." I gave her a warm smile.

"Sweet dreams, my hero." She winked at me playfully and grinned before walking towards the gate.

Once she walked into the property, I started the engine and drove away, feeling happy for the first time after a long time. She was a breath of fresh air.

***

When I was leaving my apartment, two men wearing black suits approached me.

"Rick Adams?" the blond one asked me firmly.

"Who are you?" I asked warily.

"Mr. Campbell sent us here to accompany you. He wants to see you and thank you for helping his daughter."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "Vanessa's father?"

"Yes, Ms. Vanessa Campbell's father." He nodded.