50

Ace

Sitting on this plane I had got word that Solàna had "escaped". My grandmother had fled to our small home in New York, really it was the house I bought her but she just...I couldn't deal with the thought of being alone out there.

Heard about the lil note she wrote.

I don't know what to do, what my next move should have been because I was a little taken back but not as much because part of me knew that Solàna was too good of me to have. She deserved more and I knew that, but I'd risk it all to be that more.

I don't believe in soulmates or any of that bs, I believe that love is a choice, the world is so hectic and when you find someone, you hold on tight, like really tight because it's crazy everywhere. You work your way into being soulmates with another person, you don't just love naturally you choose to love.

That's why I held onto her tight because she was my pick, I saw her, knew she had to be the one I settled down with, not because I felt "drawn" to her but because of her spirit. Looking at her, you could tell there was more than just surface to her, she was like an Angel. any normal nigga could see that but it was me who chose to act on it, to Love on it.

Anybody can have chemistry when you guys enjoy each others company it's about choosing to love someone and sticking to it, shit get hard, not hard as in cheating and all that other stuff but hard.

so whatever outside circumstances didn't matter when it came to her. Her nigga, my brother, the world in general. I wasn't fazed by it, love exist and she was full of it.

She did heal me in a way, I used to be so close minded, that same close mindedness led me into taking her. It was one of my best and worst decisions ever. I got to see her at her lowest, she made me vulnerable. Her vulnerability was something so comforting. She made it easy to open up, to be comfortable, to grow as a man.

Her smile, her touch, it was all too real. I felt made for her, I grew for her, the person I am today is because of her.

The old me would've did everything in my power to get her back but she had such an effect on me which made me understanding. Understanding of why she left so soon.

Think I am gonna be empty for a while, but her love didn't consume me, it was just enough. So her leaving doesn't break me, it makes me who I am today.

I have no idea what kindve love her boyfriend gives her but I knew it wasn't topping me and this wasn't to downplay his love. But I knew I was capable of love with the right amount of opportunity. I only had so much with her.

Her and that med school, I could get her a whole hospital to run, just for her. I'd invest in her. Expand her. She was too good to be...little.

if it's real it'll come back and I won't let up. Get her the right way but for now I had to chill out, lay low.

All of her shit I was keeping, everything she touched, I'd keep, it was crazy but I'd let my mind remind me of her a million times before forgetting her.

...

Solàna

I was currently in my bed figuring out my school situation, what I'd do. School doesn't give passes, they don't feel sympathy.

So either I had to retake the whole course and pay for every semester I missed or drop out. Dropping out wasn't an option but the first wasn't either, where would I get that type of money from.

I knew Michael was making hellas but not enough to pay for all of schooling I missed.

So I was stuck, like really stuck.

Michael was downstairs counting his money while I was upstairs worrying about mine.

I paced back and forth in my room, trying to figure what I was actually going to do, this was my dream we were talking about here.

This was Ace's fault at the end of the day.

I didn't want it to make it look like I was begging so posting about it didn't seem okay.

"Wassup?" I heard Micheal ask.

I looked him as he leaned against the door.

"Nothing." I stopped in my tracks just to lie.

"Sos...

"I can't finish school unless I pay for every semester I missed and start over." I told him and he let it sink in for a minute.

"Who told you that?" He asked going to grab my computer.

"The school Michael ? Who else ?" I asked smartly.

He looked back at me giving me a warning, "I might can pay it."

"You can't though." I told him.

"With the amount of money I saved up and that go fund me your dad nem made we might can get enough." He told me.

"Go Fund Me ?"

"Yea turns out you got a lot of money sent from your hometown in order to help find you."

"That's good, I hope it's enough."

"How much is it?" He asked and I looked at him.

"25k." I admitted and his eyes went wide.

"I've only got half, the go fund me might have the other half I'll ask your dad." He said reaching for his phone.

I stopped him, " You know Michael you don't have to pay-

"This is your future sos, whatever you want is yours."

...

Turns out the Go Fund me didn't have enough money, I cried a little but wasn't too bothered I knew it'd work out. I was currently laying in the bed, Michaels arm over my waist as he snored softly.

I was scrolling aimlessly on my phone, just bored and unable to rest when a notification from my bank came across my screen.

I clicked on it to see 220,00 in my bank account, I sat up a bit rubbing my eyes making sure my eyes wasn't deceiving me.

But it wasn't, I even called the bank to make sure but the person who had given me the money had wanted to remain anonymous.

I sat for a minute, i even pinched myself, who would even send that much money ?

As my mind wandered I knew the exact person.

Ace.

...

Authors Note