5

Some days had gone by, I refused to let Dantè go back home, not in his condition. I was stressed to say the least.

Dantè would stay in my room sleep until I came back from classes then i'd cook for him and get him ready for bed. Everyday he told me how he felt better, I knew the nigga was lying. He just wanted to get back to the streets as soon as possible.

We'd talk until we both fell asleep, him usually somewhere on the couch. Von said we couldn't be anywhere near each other and Dantè told me to stay away from him yesterday. It hurt my feelings but I know it's for the better but I just had gotten so used to talking to him. He had great conversation behind that hood nigga act, he was smart and knew what he was doing with this shit.

I could tell he was hurt with missing out on everything. Von was gone everyday and I know Dantè was used to being right there with Von, they grew up together. When he told me he was 21 I was surprised and I had just turned 17 which it's probably bad for us to be together.

It was late, Von still hadn't come back, I had ate already, me and Dantè both had chicken and fries, I was too tired to cook last night.

My mind was all over the place and it was affecting me in school a lot, I didn't handle stress well so prevent the results of the last time shit got bad I started to write how I felt in my notebook.

𝖥𝖾𝖻𝗋𝗎𝖺𝗋𝗒 𝟥𝗋𝖽, 𝟣𝟣:𝟤𝟫

Dear fuck ass notebook,

Okay im sorry for coming at you like that but shit im tired, a bitch is exhausted.
Im in medical school right now, taking care of a hood nigga with a bullet womb.
He's fine as fuck but still bitch, all in all this gives me experience.
I wanna help people so much, it kills me seeing people hurt, im such a protector and that's my problem
I'll stop the whole world and everything I got going on just to understand somebody
Why? Because I wish somebody understood me when I had shit going on, I wish somebody took the time to understand my hurt

"SOS COME IN HERE RIGHT NOW."

Hold on...Trayvon here.

I walked into the living room, wondering what the fuck he wanted.

"I thought I told you to keep an eye on dee!" He yelled.

"What you mean he right-

I looked at the couch he was gone, a sigh left my mouth, "Fuck, my bad, im sorry, im sorry. Shit" I said underneath my breath.

"He gone get his nut ass killed, just for that you finding him, you not coming back without him." He said frustrated and this was the side I hated of my brother. He said and did crazy shit when he was heated. I grabbed my phone and left not saying shit else.

I sat in my car for a while dialing Dante's number just praying he'd pick up and sent several messages , I even left voicemails forgetting that this nigga rapped. My dumbass.

"Dantè, im worried about you, can you please come back, it's not safe out here and you know that shit. Just tell me where you at please." 

The last one I sent before wandering the city, It was starting to snow a bit, the streets were getting bad but I kept looking before I finally got a call back.

"Hello?"

"Yea, wassup look sos im sor-

"ARE YOU FUCKING DUMB, YOU GONE GET YO DUMB ASS KILLED, TREY JUST TOLD ME I CANT COME BACK TIL YOU COME WITH ME! where are you at Dantè?" I asked and he sighed.

"I'm at the studio." He said knowing he was in trouble, guilt written all over his face.

"Share yo lo, im on my way, be ready."

-

I pulled up to the studio, not telling him I was outside just going into the studio, I walked past a couple niggas to find Dantè in the corner high as fuck. I rolled my eyes.

Yanking his arm, I dragged him outside and just started going off.

"All you had to do was listen. I told you to stay inside but no yo dyke looking ass wanted to go make songs and shit and get fucking high. Dantè all I want is what's best for you really...I barely know you but Dantè get yo shit together, you got to. For your mother." I said to him relaxing with my words.

His high wore off and he grabbed my hands, towering over me, "I still gotta make this money sos, it's still shit out here that I need to do. You think I got time to sit around all day? My life don't stop for shit, rather it's a bullet womb or my mother dying, I got shit to do." He explained and I closed my eyes.

"And i get that dee, but when I ask something of you, you do it, you listen to me. im not trying to be yo bitch and I'm not trying to get with you. im just tryna help. That's all.  Stop pushing me away im not here to fuck you up Dee. Im not." I said to him and he looked me in my eye.

"How do I know that?" He asked.

"You think I'd be in the fucking snow dragging yo lanky ass out of the studio if I was?" I asked and he smiled, something that he probably hadn't did in a while.

"Look im sorry, how can I make it up to you?" He asked and I let go of his hands.

"For starters you can come home with me so my brother will let me back in the house." I told him.

"Or...we can go to the art museum and get sushi." He suggested and i raised my eyebrow.

"Who told you that I liked sushi?" I asked.

"Uhhhh the 10 plates of sushi in the fridge say it all." He said and you laughed.

"But we can't go, nice try im still mad. Maybe another day when you listen to what the fuck I say."

....