45 | 𝖶𝗁𝗈 𝖽𝗈 𝖨 𝖦𝗂𝗏𝖾 𝖬𝖾 𝖳𝗈 ?

9 months in

"Nooo that one goes here silly." I giggled softly as me and Micheal finished up a puzzle we had just started.

He left for another "business" trip in a couple hours so he promised little activities with me so I might not miss him.

But truth be told I was scared that I would miss him, that Id crave both him and Michael which would feel so unfair to Michael. He deserves my missing above all else.

It was a understatement to say that Ace had grown on me. He was practically my life now. I woke up with him, ate with him, slept with him, the list goes on.

And of course he wasn't a horrible person so I was a bit stuck on fixing him, healing his heart. Although I was tired of being the healer...is this what I owed Dantè or was I losing my mind here ?

"What's wrong pretty ?" I heard Ace ask pulling me from my thoughts, I pulled up a half real and half fabricated smile.

"Nothing I'm fine." I told him and he continued to the puzzle.

After we finished we decided we'd take turns cannon balling into the pool since it got a bit warmer than when I first got here.

Ace grabbed me hand having my walk behind him, his large hand covering mine always reminding me of our odd size difference.

As we made it to the pool, I looked at Ace and he looked at me.

"Who's going in first?" We both asked at the same time which was then followed by a laugh then me pushing him into the pool.

As Michael came up into the water he looked at me sheepishly as i bursted into fits of laughter. Not forced laughing either. Real laughing.

Before I knew it I was in the pool right along with him and cursing him out for not giving me any warning.

"When you go low I go lower." He said and i couldn't help but laugh at his words.

It was now just us floating, his deep laugh and my soft one filling the outside.

"Who knew you had humor ?" I joked and he sighed, he maintained eye contact with me every time we talked.

It always felt like he was trying to find something in me, like he was staring beyond me, like my spirit. It was weird.

"I haven't had this much fun since I was a kid." He admitted and I smiled admiring his vulnerability.

"Well you are surrounded by an amazing young lady." I bragged sarcastically and he just licked his lips and smiled.

"Damn right." He mumbled making me roll my eyes.

"Can we play Marco Polo ?" I asked and he nodded his head.

He closed his eyes and I swam to the end of the pool.

"Marco." His deep voice echoed.

"Polo." My soft voice echoed.

back and forth our voices growing louder.

He immediately knew to go to the deeper side and I just made it my Job to move around until I was boxed into a corner.

I refused to let him get me so I put my head under water and swam around him but he was smart and turned around quickly grabbing my by my waste.

He opened his eyes and I giggled softly as he held me.

He watched in adoration as I laughed in his arms.

Before the room grew silent, and he was now looking at me with those eyes.

"How long will you be gone?" I asked softly.

"A week." He told me and I sighed knowing I'd miss having him around, now the house would be empty and I'd be lonely.

he noticed the shift in my attitude and kissed my forehead, pressing my head against his chest.

"I'll bring you something back, is there anything in particular you want ?" He asked and I stared off into the water.

"I have everything a girl could want." I said with a bittersweet smile.

I knew he could tell I wanted something but I knew he wouldn't ask because we both know what'd it be. To let me go.

...

A intense amount of separation anxiety made it's way as I watched him get in the car from the front door.

I was alone again. I was scared and lonely. Something I hadn't felt since my mother had passed.

A tear fell down my face as I closed the door.

"Hey a package came earlier." His grandmother said from behind me as i sniffled.

"Must be my new books." I told her with a fake smile heading off into the room.

I sat on his side of his bed, basking in his scent as I opened the box only to be met with the Apple Watch I told him to get a couple months back and the charger.

My heart started beating fast my realizing what this had meant.

Immediately I opened it grabbing the charger and lifted up the mattress to grab mine and connected it to the charger.

As soon as it lit up I unlocked it, and called Michael.

The call answered immediately.

"Solàna." I heard his voice call out calming my chilled body, it had been ages since I heard his voice and all I could do is cry.

I heard moving on the end of the line followed by his voice, "Hey Hey it's okay, the call is being tracked right now, just stay on for a little longer please."

"I missed your voice." I whispered and a happy sigh made its way to his lips, I could imagine his smile, Michael smiled with his eyes so it was so much adorable than normal.

"I've missed you."

Even more tears spilled from my eyes, I grabbed my pride and prejudice book, preparing my note for Ace because something knew that this time I'd be gone for good.

"They're saying they got your location, you're in Toronto baby." He told me and I realized that I was right above him this whole time.

"Are they coming actually?" I asked nervously and he responded with a soft mhmm.

A wave of guilt washed over me.

I was leaving Ace.

...

Authors Note

Sorry it took me getting my heart broke to write a new chapter😂