36

"You aren't allowed to leave this room unless I say so, you can't leave the house at all so don't try, you can't access any internet or any connection to the outside world, if you want to watch something ask Carmen-

"Who's Carmen ?" I asked. The smile still stood on my face because I just couldn't take this serious.

"Carmen is the housekeeper, she will keep you company when I'm not here-

"Not like you'd be any company if you were staying." I said as I rolled my eyes.

I just wanted to go him.

"What about a phone ?"

"No."

"Computer ?"

"No."

"GAME SYSTEM ?"

"No."

For the love of God, help me. This is so ass, at least give me something to do.

"OH FUCK WHAT ABOUT MY SCHOOL?" I remembered and my eyes began to well up.

I was looking forward to school, I needed to get my stuff, this wasn't regular school, this was nursing school. I can't do this.

This was my dream, my career, and it was all being taken away because of what? Some stupid beef that had nothing to do with me.

He just stared at me, "I can get you some lectures out here-

My eyes were so wet I could barely see and it didn't help that I felt so filthy.

"It's not the same. You don't understand. This was my dream school, my dream career and you just. You're taking my whole life away from me. Michael, my brother, my family, Jesus Christ I won't even get to see my family." I cried.

I could feel his eyes soften as he watched me have a complete mental breakdown but I didn't care about that. Everyone had sympathy when placed in front of tears. He wasn't any different.

I stood up walking towards the door, there's no way I was staying here. I couldn't. I had a whole life to go back too.

I heard him following behind me, he grabbed my arm and I yanked it from him.

"You do not get to touch me, don't touch me!" I yelled but he still didn't give up and proceeded to grab both my wrist so hard that I could feel a bruise coming.

I pulled free with my left hand, smacking him as hard as I could but he still grabbed me, his power was so much stronger than mine. Fighting was out of the question.

It didn't take long before he had me backed into the wall and his hand wrapped around my neck.

"Listen hear, you are going to stop crying and hitting me, then you will take a shower and put on the dress I bought you, understand?" He asked and I nodded my head unable to speak because of how tight his grip on my neck was.

He seemed to notice as he loosened his grip from my neck so that I could at least breathe a little.

"Use your words my love." He insisted. My mind cringed of what he had called me.

"I understand." I whispered and he removed his hand walking off.

I stood there, all my hopes based upon if the police had tracked the address on my Apple Watch and if they didn't I was fucked.

As I walked into the shower, small footsteps followed me and a small Hispanic woman followed behind me with towels and dove soap. This must be Carmen.

"If you have any other soap you'd prefer please let me know, I'd be more than welcome to make you comfortable." She said in a heavy accent.

I didn't say much back, only grabbing what she handed me, usually I'd say thank you but nobody here could be able to get that out of me.

I just nodded my head and closed the bathroom doors as she walked off.

I put my hair in two braids then stepped in the shower, washing away all of everyone who had touched me today, washing away my tears, washing away the thought of getting stuck here, washing away every...bit of anger I had built up.

After the shower I grabbed the towel wrapping it around my body, my name was somehow engraved in the towel like he had been waiting for me to come. Like this was all planned.

I looked in the mirror, a small bruise staining my neck then another two staining my wrist. My eyes had deep bags underneath them, not to mention I was hungry.

As I walked out the bathroom Carmen came in with a skims dress, the same one Ace had stared me down in but it was a different color, it was a marble color.

She handed it to me with a bunch of van cleef jewelry and closed the door.

"Ace has asked that you wear this jewelry. He will be pleased if you do so." She told me and I shook my head.

But still she handed it to me and walked off. I placed it on the small vanity in the closet and got dressed.

When I had the dress on I took out the two braids, letting my curly hair flow off my shoulders.

I stared at the jewelry then my neck, covering his bruises he'd given me in jewelry he'd bought had seemed so ironic.

Even still I put on the bracelets because I had refused to sit and stare at how much he'd hurt me.

I had trouble putting on my necklace.

"Carmen!" I called loudly but in a soft way because I feared if I'd been too demanding with this woman Ace would come in and do something much worse than choking me.

She came in right after and saw me struggle with my necklace. The air was thick and silent. Also a bit awkward as she helped hook on the necklace.

As it was put back on I looked in the mirror, my hand skimming across the bruise.

She noticed and began to speak,

"He's not always like that. He just...listen to him and he will soon let you do whatever you please.

...

Authors Note

Comments

Concerns