21

After that night with my brother, christmas was really starting to arise and i actually had invited liana over to a sleep over/decorating little thing.

I was just really trying to do better at building relationships outside of micheal and my brother. I'm so used to their company that I haven't got the feeling since I came here, so here I was, cleaning up before she came.

I told her to come at 8, it was about 6:30 and I was almost finished cleaning.

All I had to do now was get ready. And of course all I did was shower and put on a skims set.

skims was everything.

my hair hadn't been really taken care of, literally I wash it and put it in a messy bun and call it a day.

I decided to curl it though because...why not?

After curling it, I placed my glasses on and just a layer of lipgloss, we weren't doing anything special.

As I went downstairs I had forgotten that micheal was still here. I walked over to him rummaging through the refrigerator.

"Michael. I'm having company, don't be annoying and hungry. please and thank you." I told him and he turned his head.

"Is that what you see me as sos?" He asked and I laughed scratching the back of my head.

"I means you do eat a lot...and you also get on my nerve-

"Wait who is this so called company, a nigga ?"

"No silly, Liana, im not you, I don't bring niggas to my crib after 2 word exchanges." I said walking off and he shook his head.

Things had went back to how they were before everything between me and Michael. I wasn't really sure how I felt about him or even those feelings that I once had so I just chose to suppress them. Me and him happening wasn't practical.

A few moments later I heard the doorbell ring and I hurried over to the door.

I opened it to see Liana, she was holding something in a bag and she was also wearing skims.

"Hiiiii." I said softly and she returned a high back.

"We just gone acknowledge the fact that we both wearing skims. UNPLANNED." She said and i laughed.

"Literally."

She looked around the place before smiling, "This is so niceeee, oh my god. This place is gorgeous."

"Thank you, that was my initial reaction too."

This was my first time inviting anybody over, I was just trying to distract myself from what I was going through. I was failing.

I miss him. A lot.

She had noticed I was zoning out and tapped my shoulder, "You good?" She asked and I nodded my head with a small smile.

"Yea, im okay. Just got lost in my thoughts but anyways, shall we get started?" I asked grabbing the cookie dough.

"Yes ma'am." She answered and I smiled, "Ma'am??" I questioned.

She laughed, "I grew up with a Haitian mother who refused to let me answer any of her questions without a maam, you'll get used to it." She said and I smiled.

"I'd be dead if my mother ever made me do that, she always thought ma'am was for old people."

My conscious had made me forget that Michael was here so walking in the kitchen seeing him scarfing down the remainders of his fried rice was...scary.

"Ummm...Solàna who's this man chowing down his rice like it's his last meal in the kitchen?"

"Oh shit! That's Michael, my brothers best friend, I tried to get him to leave but, he won't so we're stuck with him, don't pay attention to him, pretend he's invisible."

"Got it! Kinda hard to pretend he's invisible since it sounds like 10 dicks getting ate every bite he take." She said and I busted out laughing in shock at the fact that she just said that.

"Liana!" I screamt and she smacked her lips giggling.

"What??? That's what his eating sounds sound like to my ears." She said and Michael looked up.

"Sos, imma try to be nice to this alien looking shorty you just brung into the crib but imma go upstairs before I say some shit she don't like." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"I know this Mike Epps looking ass nigga...lord these niggas get sassier and sassier by the day." She said.

At that point I was in full blown tears as I grabbed Michaels hand and led him upstairs before he started going off.

I took him to my room and sat him down in my bed. "Michael what did I say?" I asked and he crossed his arms.

"Bro it's not like it's my fault, that thing down there started it-

"THING?" I asked and he smiled.

"It's just...sorry. I won't interrupt you no more sos."

"Good now stay in here for the night please." I begged him and he laid back and smelled my covers.

"Staying in here sounds like heaven, should've said that in the first place."

I rolled my eyes and smiled closing the door and headed downstairs to Liana.

"If he wasn't so annoying, I'd actually like him, he's really cute." She said and i was surprised that she thought he was cute.

Or was it jealousy? But me and Michael would never be able to happen so...I don't know.

"Who? Michael? Cute?" I asked and she smiled.

"Yesss, im surprised y'all don't have anything going on, seem like your speed." She said and i raised my eyebrow as I grabbed a bowl from the cabinet.

"My speed? And what would that be?" I asked.

"Ummmm a nigga who literally does anything you say, hence you and that basketball goody two shoes from our university." She said and I turned around and rolled my eyes.

"Don't let me get started on him..." i r said rolling my eyes and she giggled.

"Scary huh?" She asked and I looked at her,

"pussy."

"I knew it. He kept talking about some brown skin girl at practice that he "ruined" things with. I had a feeling it was you."

"Ruined things my ass, you play ball ?" I asked curious to how she saw him at practice.

"Yea, sometimes our practices get mixed with the boys."

I smiled, "you lucky as hell, all them fine ass men."

"Girl I'm gay." She said and I turned to look at her in shock.

"Really ?" I asked and she smiled nodding her head.

"And no I didn't think this was a date, my girl would kill me." She said and I laughed.

"Gotta meet her sometime, she goes to our school ?" I asked and she shook her head no.

"She got a lil loft out here, she a professional in basketball actually." She said.

"That's nice."

"Yes enough about my girlfriend, you seeing anybody?" She asked and I shook my head no.

"I've been through enough."  I said softly laughing.

"Somebody gone come along and treat yo ass right."

"Hopefully."