27

A few weeks had passed and i was currently studying with Liana at her place, we both had exams coming up so it was the perfect time to be bonding and studying. She stayed on campus, but I rarely even stepped foot besides anywhere but my classes.

Liana told me about all the drama taking place and how people talk but it wasn't like I was used to it, i was certainly not about to let the talk about me and Levontè turn into another high school situation.

Supposedly he had told the whole basketball team that he hit and i started acting crazy so he left.

If only they knew what really happened and how sweet this nigga is. it shouldn't bother me unless he goes too far then I'll have to call Michael and my brother, who both will turn his whole world upside down if I told them just this alone.

I shouldn't worry myself too much, everyone loves me as is. It surprises me that people would even think I'd touch him or let him touch me.

Thinking of touching my mind wondered back to Michael and now I was daydreaming about him.

"Solàna ?" Liana said dragging me out of my deep thought. I looked up to see a tall but short in a way girl with lots of tattoos and mini twist with a box of Chinese food.

"This is my girlfriend Amani." She introduced with a small smile, I knew she talked about meeting her girlfriend I just hadn't expected it to be now.

"So this who been using up all my girls time from me." Amani said with a much deeper voice than expected.

I laughed softly, "I guess that is me, although I do also have a name." I said and she placed the food down giving Liana a kiss.

"Solàna." She said and I rolled my eyes.

"I am completely third wheeling now." I joked and Liana  laughed.

"I'm just here to bring food, I gotta go catch up with these niggas. Aye, don't do no shit." She pointed at me before leaving out and I laughed.

Liana just smiled, "You in love?" I asked, I knew she was, they gave each other those eyes. The eyes Michael looks at me with every time I come near him.

She looked away shyly, trying to find an answer, my urge to pee saved her.

"Where is the bathroom?" I asked and she sighed, "About that, sadly I was the only dorm room without one so I have to use the commons or Amani's , they're supposed to come start to build it tomorrow."

I nodded my head understandably and headed out the room to the commons. I searched for the nearest bathroom but I couldn't find any and was slowly starting to get frustrated and dark since it was later on at night.

Angry, i walked around, too angry to notice that I had just bumped into somebody pretty hard.

I stepped back, looking up, only to see Levonte, must of the basketball team behind him.

He looked me dead in the eye and I looked at him, knowing everything that I know now things were different.

Then I noticed the rest of them eyeing my body and I remembered what I had on, Nike Pros and a cropped t-shirt.

Damn.

"Hi Solàna." He said and i didn't respond, I only pushed past him but somehow he managed to grab my arm a little too rough and it brung me back to that time I was in middle school and my older cousins touched me.

I immediately froze up then yanked my arm.

"You don't get to touch me." I said to him.

"You seem to didn't have a problem when-

"When what? Or do you wanna talk about When I came home from dinner and Michael was literally on the floor shot and I asked you to call for help but you left because you were too scared to dial 3 fucking numbers." I said frustrated.

I knew I shouldn't have but I was already mad and he was making g this so difficult for me.

I watched him raise his fist and I watched it lower all in one setting as one of his teammates grabbed his arm. From the looks of it Levonte didn't really like him.

The more I looked at him the more I realized who it was.

"Teyshawn?" I asked.

I know this not who I think it is.

"Imani."

My eyes went wide, all the memories from home and him came back. He's the only one who called me that.

Teyshawn was my best friend until we fell out and I left to come to New York. When I say best friend I don't mean we decided to stay friends after trying with each other. I mean we grew up on the same street, my grandma took care of him like her own, he fucked bitches life up in highschool I hated type of best friend.

"Nigga don't you ever again raise yo fist to her again." Teyshawn told Levonte.

I was still shocked that he was here to say anything.

Without thought, I gave him the biggest hug ever and he returned the favor, he was warm. I always felt everything pure in his presence so I'm glad it hasn't changed.

"What-I mean hi, what are you doing here?" I asked and he smiled, a full row of grills showing sending me in shock.

"GRILLS?" I asked and he laughed, his voice was so deep it scared me.

His once clear dark skin was lathered in tattoos and now he was much, much taller than me. It was scary. He was very much a gentle giant.

The history behind us was...too much to even imagine, he was my twin flame.

"Take you and yo sorry ass team on somewhere." He told them and I was surprised that he even talked to them like that.

Levonte stood there, pissed, "Bitch did I stutter?" He asked and I stood their awkwardly.

Sooner than later they left.

"How the fuck do you get to talk to them like that?" I asked and he shook his head.

"Then niggas is ass, girls team better than them, im only here to "set an example" or whatever my pops wanna call it." He sighed.

"Oh yea that's right, how is he doing?" I asked and he smiled, "Better than when you left."

And now the elephant in the room needed to be addressed, "I'm sorry-

"Don't even worry about it Imani, I knew you didn't mean any harm by leaving." He said trying to skip past that and for now i let it go.

Because I in fact had to pee and catch up with an old friend.

Maybe this is what I needed to actually get me more social.

Teyshawn ^