Chapter 51

Rhys's POV

We're lead to the throne room according to what Sunny told us. Along the corridor , I quietly observed the building we're located in. The corridor walls were made up of red bricks and white tiles. Freshly grown vines hung by the walls as the banner of the royal crest of Medonax was hung by its side. Pure gold flames were what lights up the dark corridors. 

The guards immediately got down on their knees upon the sight of Sunny and Varon , not even dare to look at them in the eyes. But upon the sight of us , they gave glares as if we have met before and have eventually offended them beforehand....

We soon arrived the throne room's entrance where a huge door was stood in the way. It was trimmed with gold and red in colour. Sunny glared at the two guards by the side as they immediately understand her order as they immediately walked towards the two handles and pulled the door opened.

"Announcing the arrival of the Stars of Medonax! Princess Sunny and Prince Varon!"
The guard said out loud as Sunny motioned us to enter the throne room with them. Our feet stepped on the red carpet covered walkway as we have officially arrived in the throne room. 

The throne room was built with two floors. One must be where the ministers sat , the bottom floor would be where the Queen herself and the two royals be sitting. There are vines hanging by the second floor's balcony with the banner of the nation as well. The roof was curved outwards. 

My heart was immediately on guard and tensed upon the pairs of eyes glaring at us. I quietly moved my eyes upwards as I noticed the ministers of the nation was showing us eyes filled disgust. Wondering what's this nation's deal with us...?

Did Rhal done something that pissed them off so badly?
Or maybe was it something that happened in the past?
Like a war or a misunderstanding-?

"Greetings to the Great Shining Moon herself."
Varon and Sunny kneeled down one knee as they bowed to the centerpiece of the throne room , the Queen of Medonax. 

The throne of the queen was covered by white transparent cloth as vines with freshly green leaves was by her left and right side. A silhouette was found sitting on a throne. The Queen appeared to be quite average in size but not as small as Ava.

The hand of the silhouette of the Queen gestured for the two to rise up as a deep woman voice spoke out , "Seemed like you two have grown up a lot... Hope you two learned something when you're off on your own."

"Of course Mother. We have learned survival skills and ways to defend ourselves from unkindly beings. We have grown up as time passed."
Sunny replied as the Queen remained silent for a while before she called out , 

"I sensed unfamiliar presence with you two. Have you brought guests? Or... prisoners?"
"Well-"
"Mother! Sunny and I have captured these villainous beings on the way home from the trip of being rightful adults!"
I was stunned by what Varon said out loud as Asch was clearly pissed off by this sudden betrayal.

"You jerk-!"
Asch shouted with flames appearing in his palm as guards immediately hold him off by spears aiming to his neck. I immediately requested mercy upon Asch to the Queen , "Your majesty , The Great Queen of Medonax! I apologized for Prince Asch's behaviours... He can be a bit aggressive at times."

"....He caused a ruckus in my palace. Almost burning my precious plants... I should have just kill him by now. Guards-!"
"Mother , don't."
Sunny hold up her arm as the guards immediately dropped down the weapons slightly.

"Excuse me? Who are you to speak back at me now Sunny?"
"For me being next in line for the throne and having the freedom of speech."
Sunny showed a stern look as she explained.