Chapter 2

Leif's POV

"Leif , you better get right up from bed and open the door now before I blast it open and burn you into ashes!" I grunted as my day was started by Asch's annoying screams. I slowly got up from bed as I dressed myself up into my usual attire and phased out from the room.

"Wow , you really know how to make someone's life miserable , huh , Asch?"

By my surprise , Rhys was one of the 'Waking Squad' member.

He immediately pointed out my mistake since I 'overused magic', "Leif , how many times do I have to tell you , use your magic if only necessary. I would not want to see that you loss all your magic from unneces-" "Yeah yeah , I'll keep an eye on it. By the way , what's with the human attire you're wearing?"

"Right , forgot to inform you , Princess Ava told us that she will be taking us out for the day." Rhys answered full of joyous feelings , believing he will be treated with some ice-cream. "Be appreciate about it since you get to head out to explore Ear-th twice a week." Asch answered full of annoyance as I chuckled by his miserable luck for not get to hang out with Princess Ava for at least 14 suns.

"Yeah , thanks to my non-annoying behaviors , that eventually gain attention and respect from Ava." "You-!" Before Asch could've blast me into ashes , I phased right before the fireball lands upon me. Tsk , none other but useless techniques , be creative next time , huh Asch?

Zinnex's POV

"Ugh.... Stupid alarm...." I mumbled as I grabbed my phone by the desk but eventually hit my head by the corner , feeling the terrible pain by the forehead. "Ouch...." I grumbled underneath my breath as I jumped up from bed and head to clean myself up. After changing into a black shirt with the word 'Stay Determined' and black jeans , I decided to wonder myself in the kitchen , found no one there , remembering it was a Saturday , meaning that my 'family' had went on a field trip without me. With a note left on the table next to a pile of dirty dishes , written "Be grateful for adopting you and clean up all the mess before we return at 7pm! Or else , wait till you starve to your doom!"

Not by my surprise , this was definitely from none other but Mrs. Long herself. I sighed as I stared at that pile of dirty dishes which I could absolutely concludes that it was from yesterday. I then begun scrubbing the plates and not even 15 minutes , I was totally done.

Man , I seriously don't understand lazy people.

I sighed as I looked at the clock , 9.30 a.m. , still early. I then begun to roll up my jeans till it reaches to my ankles as I begun a huge cleaning session. Mopping the floor that's covered with peanut shells and dust , cleaning the table that was piled with books and dirty socks of Jorge and... Let's just say , I had a quick montage moment as Cinderella.

11.59 a.m.

I had officially announced that I have done my work. I sighed by my great work as I begun to unroll my jeans , carrying my bag , putting my white sneakers as I head off to the Library. That's the only place , I could have silent. No yelling , no violence , just only me with books.

As I crossed the streets , right before I reached the stairs to the library , I was suddenly dragged into a narrow alleyway , which I eventually found myself met up with those gangsters back in college. Couldn't they just give me a break?

"Y-You need something?"

"Oh definitely , some boys need a dummy for experiment on their newly trained punches~" The leader smirked as she signaled to let two seniors walk to me as they begun punching , kicking me by the stomach , smashing my head towards the brick wall.

"Ugh..." I grumbled under my breath as I gave them a glance , only entertaining them. The leader walked to me as she grabbed me by the hair , teasing me , "What? Wanna try me? Come on then , I will be very scare with your punches~" She joked as the group laughed evilly and tossed me by the wall.

I slowly stood up from the ground , but quickly fell back onto the ground while my vision slowly faded into darkness. Among those laughter , a voice appeared out of nowhere.

"Bullying a girl.... got any manners?"

Pierce's POV

While passing across a street with Princess Ava as our lead , a suspicious laughter echoed from the narrow alleyway. Ava stopped as she stared at the darkness covered alleyway , letting Leif to head for an investigation. He smirked as he phased into the alleyway which was then groups of humans ran out from the dark and Leif who's hand had a unconscious female in his grip , carried in bridal style.

Her arm was covered with scars and her side skull was bleeding terribly. I looked down to Ava who's pink pupils were widened by the scene. But more than that , she was rather shocked and surprised.... Fear was written beneath. "Let's end our stroll here and take her back home for a treatment.." Ava urged as she quickly walked away and leaving us in confusion.

"Well , that's the least I can do for now , since Rhys insist me to use my magic on her." Leif grumbled as Rhys pulled out another debate with him. "Where's Princess Ava , by the way?" Noi questioned as Asch responded that she was resting in her chamber. By fully concerned , I went to her chamber as I found her sat against the window as her eyes seems to wonder off.

"Princess Ava?" I asked her as only responded with a jump scare from her. "P-Pierce! What's with the... surprise?" "You seemed to be off guard. Is there something wrong?" She shook her head with a smile upon her face , responded "Nothing. Just wondered off I suppose..."

I walked next to her as I placed my hand on her head , giving her a soft head pat. She chuckled by my actions , thanking by the mean time. "Pierce , it's no big of a deal just..." She muttered as she stared at the picture in her grip. I took a small glimpse as I found a similar feature human earlier in the picture.

"Seems like you actually knew the human."

She opened her mouth but quickly shut it back , responded with a nod.

"I would like to know more about the human , Princess Ava." "W-Why?"

"I believe she might be interesting , and...."

That's right , why do I care honestly?

"Well , she was Zinnex. One of my high school friends... Em... She was quite a loner back then but kind and generous. She's similar to you by my honest opinion."

"Then , what makes her so much touched of your heart?"

Ava turned to me as she raised an eyebrow , questioning me.

"You seemed to be concerned of human Zinnex when she was found scarred."

Ava seems tensed as she hesitated for a respond.

"Well...."

"Princess Ava , the human had woke up."