Chapter 49

Noi's POV

"Well Well , I was truly impressed with the amount of potential little demons like you have stored."
"I hope that was a compliment!"
Leif shouted as he breathed tiredly after all the fighting. By appearance , the guards appeared to be weak ; but by skills and potential , they're legit hard to defeat. How they quickly turned to block Leif's attack , not even Pierce can catch up their speed.

"Can't believe how weak and worthless were those guards... They're instantly defeated. Guess Daemos weren't as weak as people claimed them to be. Better jot down once I got home."
"It only made us sound like we're lab experiments...."
"Well , weren't you? That's legit what happened to every single horned dude that were brought in."
Now , that's just making our efforts unworthy-

Wait-
Did he just said-

"Wait , did you just said... every Daemos captured became little punching bag for those pathetic weak guards of this insane kingdom?!"
Asch shouted with rage as I tend to calm his flames down before the serpent at some point was offended.

"What.. did you say? Look , it would be an understandable matter that my kingdom have weak and pathetic knights unlike yours. BUT! You shall not have a word that would offend and humiliate the kingdom that Mother had created with her blood and hand!"
"Create... N-No wonder that this nation was not written in books yet! It was newly discovered and only heard by us."
Rhys exclaimed.

"Finally someone who have smarts within their little brain. But fear not , once we take over your kingdom and claimed to be ours , we'll be known throughout history."
"Yeah! Known! Known for your tyrannical actions on how you kidnap the prince of Daemos and declared war on our nation!"
Asch spatted back as the serpent was truly pissed off by Asch's words.

"Keep down the tone , demon. You certainly have no clue on who you're talking to."
"Am I meant to know now?! After all , you're the one who declare a fight on my knights with yours , basically declaring war on my kingdom! Whatever your position was , they have not made me interested to know! All you are was a pathetic snake who doesn't dare to pick up a fight!"
I looked at the eyes of the snake that constricted as I stood before Asch and be prepared to pick up a fight with him.

"You... Have.... CROSSED MY LINE!"
Serpent yelled as its tail swiped across our heads and basically extinguished the leaves of the trees. Right after that , it charged towards us with his mouth revealing his sharp teeth. I threw my dagger at him , hitting him by the face as he grunted by the weak damage I did.

"Now you offended me... orange haired..."
It hissed as it grabbed me by the waist with the tip of its tail , tight enough for me being hard to breath. I barely can move my hand to reach my dagger...

"Noi!"
"G-Go! Get Ava and Rhal before me!"
"Well well , justice and sacrifice of a knight. How amusing~ It would be just sad for your organs to be froze into rocks~"
My orange eyes widened as I felt my entire body was turning off slowly. I looked at the serpent's sharp glances as I slowly feel my eyes became weaker , feeling exhausted...

"Noi! Hang in there!"
"Fear not , you'll be a fine looking statue once it's all over~"
I can't.. Must... stay... awake....

Sunny....

Second person's POV

"Now , I can't just leave you alone for one day , can I?"
Noi who's slowly losing consciousness was shocked awake as he heard this voice.

"That voice-?! It can't be-?!"
The serpent turned its neck as it was instantly attacked by the head of another white snake. By the huge damage on the neck , the serpent dropped Noi who soon fell on the foliage with Leif phased towards and pulled away from the fight.