Chapter 33

Leif's POV

Ughh , my feelings were nothing but a huge landslide....
I grunted painfully and sorrowful as I rolled my body over the sheets in my chamber.

Believe me or not , what Asch told me actually pissed me off so much... How can he not even just take a closer look within Zinnex's pure soul?! Compared to Ava , Zinnex cares much more about anyone of us , than herself! She was just too nice for this world!

"Where was that piece of trash of yours?! I was eager to stab him!"
"Princess Ava! Calm down!"
Startled by the commotion , I walked out of my chamber to only face-to-face with Ava who had that yellow sharp weapon in hand while the others were attempting to hold her off. And the moment she noticed me , she pushed everyone out of her way , with her weapon tossed towards me like a spear , yet I managed to dodge easily.

Staring at the still shivering weapon that was stabbed through the pillar , I turned to her in fear.
"Let me at him! He's why Zinnex ran off!"
Zinnex? Ran off?
What happened when I'm in my absolute worst mood?

"You can't remember anything cause of Asch's lecture huh?"
Pierce said as I simply nodded , as he refreshed my memories.... Apparently , I yelled at Zinnex and even pushed her....

"Wait what?! I thought that was you or Rhys in the first time?!"
I shouted in shock , as Pierce shook his head , I knew 

I knew I have screwed things up so badly....

"Now you freaking remember! And I have also remembered on how much hard I wanted to slap you in the face!"
Ava followed as Noi tried to calm her down while Pierce dragged me away from the commotion , letting me to find Zinnex as soon as possible. I hesitated yet when Ava screamed to unleash her most powerful spell on us , the hesitation soon vanished.

'Wonder where she could be at...'
I thought as I phased to the roof first to only find quick water droplets falling down from the night sky. Was that even a norm on Ear-th? Are they even harmful? Like how the 'Sun' did to us when we first arrived on Ear-th?

It was then a sound of some metal falling on the cement covered floor , allowing me to give up on leaving. I walked under the tile covered roof to only find a familiar figure sitting by the edge of the roof , with cans of drink around her....

"Z-Zinnex?"
"W-Who are you?"
She turned to me with her eyes completely covered up by her soaked wet fringe , and a red face...?

"Phoenix dear , it's me , Leif. Why don't you j-just come over here?"
"Shut it , o-only my boyfriend call me that... He was a better person than you stranger...."
She said while moving around , chugging drinks into her mouth.
But , what does she mean.. I'm a stranger?.... Can't she recognize me anymore?...

"Zinnex dear , if it was what I said earlier... I would like to apologize for my doings..."
"Geez , you sounded like my boyfriend... Calm and smooth , knowing whatever he done..."
She said while dropping that can to the ground. 

"Say , have I told you? A demon was my boyfriend , I mean , can you even imagine that?!"
Zinnex said before laughing crazily.
"A demon fall for someone like me?! I was nothing but a girl who lost her parents and got stupidly adopted by a abusive family! I was just useless. I can't even hold on to a man who soon cheated on me , right after we dated for how long? 2 weeks?! HAHA!"

"Zinnex..."
"I have come to a-accept my faith that I'll never be good enough for anyone... I could just jump from this god damn it building... No one will remember me anyways... , "
She said with her hand moving her fringe out of her way.

"Hey stranger , you're here still? I wasn't expecting anyone to listen a useless person's words.. Even how much my boyfriend told me to remain positive , I just.... tried... It's like the negativity can't shake off my bones..."
She said while the water falling from the skies mixed with the sweet tears from her eyes.