Chapter 37

Zinnex's POV

"Leif , stop and let me get this waffle done."
"Nooo , I wanna to have you in my arms..."
Leif whined as he rested his head on my shoulder while I was suffering on making at least one waffle. After last night's babysitting session , the demons and Ava have actually grew exhausted , so I have decided to make a small tasty breakfast for them.

"Since when you got touchy?"
"Since the day I claimed you as mine~"
I stunned by his words for a while , not even noticing that the 100 Celsius hot waffle maker was right next to my hand.

"Ah-! Darn it-"
I hissed in pain by the small burnt mark on my hand as Leif quickly grabbed my hand and healed me with his magic.
"Now , this was the first step. Nextly... ," I tilted my head , questioning his next move before he pulled up my hand and caressed the skin where the burnt mark was once planted on , winked at me , questioned , "Was it better now?~"

"Y-Yeah , thanks."
He smiled before phased back to the couch and just...kinda sat there like a good puppy...
Honestly , he looked kinda cute like that... Wait what am I thinking about?!
You're thinking overly absurd , Zinnex Phenix!

It has been some minutes when Leif begun to act silent , which was rarely seen... It was then I have finished making breakfast , calling the Daemos and Ava to help themselves while I personally called Leif who was apparently daydreaming.
"Leif , lamb dear? The waffles were ready. You can...snap out the daydream."
Yet he remained in his daydream. I smiled at my boyfriend's reaction before leaning to his ear , blowing air into his earlobe , making his startled and jumped on the couch , almost hitting the ceiling if higher chance.

"You're really building a big castle in the air , Leif. But , breakfast doesn't wait."
"You really gave me a fright there , were you hoping for a punishment or something?"
"I- Uh-"
As I stuttered upon Leif's flirts , a horrible sound of fork screeching on the plate made me froze for that particular second.

"Leif , get your damn breakfast ," Ava said with a 'I'm gonna punch you' face , yet turned a very welcoming voice to me , "and Zinnex , was that your phone ringing?" Staying silent , hearing that familiar ringtone of mine , I dashed to my phone , to find it was Raph who dialed me. Wonder what was it....

Leif's POV

"You really know to ruin the fun , Princess Ava."
I said annoyingly while pulling the chair , grabbing the utensil known as fork as Ava introduced earlier.

"Well , apparently , the whipped cream on the waffles were already sweet enough , so is the blueberries. If you don't want me to die from diabetes or cancer or etc of diseases , I recommend you to have a hold of your affection towards Zinnex."
"Thought you accept my courting towards Zinnex."
"But the affection has a line to it."
Ava said with a mouthful of waa-flz , as Zinnex soon walked out with a fully hesitated face. Even when Ava called her name to remind a wall she was walking towards , it was then realised when her forehead hit hardly against.

"Ouch...."
"You alright , Zinnex? You legit hit your head by the wall."
Pierce pulled her up as Ava questioned her.

"Just that... The Hamatos' wanted me to be at the police for a while , more specific , the training place...."
"The training place? Why though?"
Zinnex shrugged as I noticed her newly dressed outfit. Her hair was now tied into a ponytail , and she was now dressed in a black jacket half zipped with a black sleeveless shirt under with her serpent necklace and black tight pants with white sneakers.

"No clue , but I believe if it was the competition for all trainers."
"Competition?"
Rhys questioned as Zinnex elaborated that it was basically a test to test the strength and speed for the trainers , in order for them to be approved as official policemen.