Chapter 26

Zinnex's POV

"Hello?"
I picked up my buzzing Megalovania playing phone , founding it was none other but Cole Brookstone himself. Remembering how enraged I was to him who once fooled me , without himself even knowing , I changed his contact into 'Gangue Stone' , despite not actually hating  him from now , yet this was a fun name , plus , I have absolutely forgotten on how to change the name....

"Salutations , Zinnex."
"Oh , hey Zane- Wait- Why are you using Cole's number to call? Thought you have a number?"
"Well , about that , there's another commotion here... Well , Cole wanted to ask you out yet he does not have the audacity to do it , so he asked me for the favor."
Holding the phone by the ear , I checked my calendar that was written with notes and unsettled schedules. By luck , I have a free moment right at today! Some fortune!

After telling Zane , setting up the location and time , I hung up the phone and begun to take a quick break on the crazy revising. Yet a thought sprouted out my head. Why would Cole let Zane be the one who called me to hang out instead of himself? According to my blurred up memories of the dark history corner in my mind , I remembered that Cole was quite a confident one....

Now why on Earth and Underground sake would be he be shy throughout the years?....

I mean , people DOES change like how tides of the oceans , so why not?
'Better ask Ava whether if it would be fine to just hang out with a policeman , or my ex-friend to be exact...'
I thought before hopped off from bed and dressed in a black tight shirt with some torn shape on the sleeve , a dark blue suspenders with white sneakers. Putting on my serpent pendant around my neck , I exited from my room as I walked to Ava's room , praying if she would actually let me hang out with Cole....

"You're going on a date with Cole?!"
Ava squealed as I covered my ears by her high pitched voice. Before I could have better reactions , she had her arm wrapped around my neck , showing me a smirk , only reminded me of Leif's. 

"You better take care of that man , he was treasure."
"But , Ava-"
I clearly know Cole well. He doesn't need my protection. He was strong compared to he in his 10 or elevens. How much he was as a person , I was clear than anyone. But according to Ava's voice , was quite similar to a fan-girl scream. Wonder much things changed throughout those years....

"Ava , you know how he treated me in the past-"
"I would've preferred you to be with him rather than Leif."
I stunned by Ava's words.

Me with Cole?
Serious?
Our relationship were not the best of all I have in my life. Clearly Ava does not know how he mistreated me back then....

"Oh , were you going to say something before this?"
I turned to Ava as she looked at me with a pure smile.
I know Ava was expecting me to be with Cole , as he was a police.... But Leif.. he was a pure assassin.... Knowing the danger being around him , Ava was cautious about this.

But whatever it takes... Just make this a normal friend with friend meet up....

"Yeah. I'm fine."
"Good luck on your date , Zinnex. I'm waiting for the good news~"
Ava said as I walked out of Ava's room , eventually bumped into Leif by the chest.

"You really should watch where you're going , phoenix."
"A-Ah , of course. Sorry about that..."
Why are you even stuttering , Zinnex Phenix? He was just your friend , a genuine friend , a friend who has legit been by your side for almost every time.

"Well... I gotta go , see you later night?"
"See you later night Phoenix."
Leif waved goodbye to me as I dashed out of the apartment , hoping I wasn't actually late for this.

"Now where was he?..."
I muttered to myself as I looked around while my back was leaned against the wall.
Constant checking the phone , as the clock was ticking off , I prayed that he has not actually fooled me for the last time. As the time ticked onto my nerves , I scoffed and was ready to return to Ava's apartment , just yet , a huge scream happened to echoed by the back of my ears.