Chapter 12: Resolution

As I walked behind Nya through the hall's and to the mess hall, the smell of delicious food filled the air. I took a deep breath to get a better smell of it and there was no doubt in my mind as to what it was. "Don't tell me that's Hamburgers," I jogged into the mess hall, where most of the others were, and saw a big plate of hamburgers. "I knew it!" I claimed, satisfaction evident in my voice. Hamburgers were just another one of those things I loved. Put cheese, bacon, and all the other good things on it, and you've got yourself the perfect burger!

Everyone else was already there, which only left two seats open. Nya sat first, next to Jay, which left me to sit next to her and Kai. "Now you get to see what I meant by Zanes an amazing cook," she told me. They didn't just smell good, but they tasted good too! There was no doubt in my mind that they'd be as good as she was explaining them to be. "Trust me, you'll fall in love with his cooking."

"No need to portray my food as that good. I'm not the best cook, so it doesn't deserve it," Zane disagreed, putting a hamburger on his plate. How could he say that about his own cooking? I hadn't even tasted any of it, and I could tell that it was good. I noticed the others giving him a look, as if they all didn't agree with his claim.

"Come on Zane, that's not true," Kai argued, "Your cooking is the best around!" the others nodded in agreement. He grabbed my plate and put a hamburger on it before putting it back in front of me. "Why don't we let Cass agree with us too. If she does, then you have to agree too."

"Yeah," I nodded. I had the feeling that the only reason that Zane was saying that his food wasn't as good as people were saying it was because he wasn't that sure about it. Kind of like me with my drawing, I'm always self-conscious about it but people say it's good. So for that, I was going to prove him wrong. Like I agreed to, I took a bite of the hamburger. Right away I smiled "This is actually really good.

"See, I told you Zane!" my eyes shifted in Kai's direction, who was standing up with one hand on the table and the other pointing at Zane. I could see the determination in him to prove Zane wrong in his eyes, and damn was he determined. I didn't know why he was, but I wouldn't rain down on his parade. He sat back down.

"Okay, I agree with you," Zane put his hands up in defense. The others laughed a little bit. I wondered if this happens a lot, where they're laughing like this for little things. I couldn't help but laugh either, I couldn't be the only one not laughing. I had to admit though, it was kind of funny: Kai's reaction. I didn't get why he was so determined to prove Zane wrong, that's what made his reaction funny.

I choked a little on my hamburger as I started "So, it this how things are every day?" I wanted to know, because if it was it was better than I thought it would. I hadn't been at the table for more than five minutes and I could tell that things were always so lively like it was then, and I was liking it.

"Oh, you've barely seen anything," Jay told me. He started to chuckle a little. "Hey guys, remember that time when we got into that food fight. Yeah, that was like two years ago, but still. That was awesome," really? They got into a food fight before? I remember the one time I'd ever gotten into one, which was when I was like nine and it was with a couple of my friends. And I had to admit, they were pretty fun, just as they were messy.

"Ha, sounds like fun," I spoke up, letting out a small chucking. I sat back in my chair and took another bite of the burger in my hand. "So, I've been meaning to ask, what exactly do you guys do to train?" I started to wonder how they trained compared to how I did it. No matter how they did, I could handle it and could adapt to it. I could train any way I needed to, I just preferred to do I how I was used to. For hand to hand, I prefer to used a method that's more on the kick boxing side. And as for training with my elemental powers, I do a good amount of meditation and work it in with my kickboxing. I wasn't exactly sure how they worked with their powers, though, because everyone was different.