In Front of Me

A/N: HERE IT IS GUYS!!!! THE SCENE I'VE BEEN WAITING OVER A YEAR TO WRITE IS FINALLY HERE!!!! Oh boy you don't know how excited I've been for this chapter. Get ready to get thrown for a loop because I can GUARANTEE none of you saw this coming.

...

Another friend is gone.

One close to me once again.

Our only lead on the mastermind.

And now Kohane is gone and I'll never see her again.

It really isn't fair.

...

"That bitch got what she deserved."

A single voice rang out throughout the trail grounds. All the heads turned toward her in shock.

Kanade clenched her fists. "Take it back," she said.

Mafuyu glanced at her and then looked away, seemingly uninterested. "I don't have to do anything you tell me."

"Take it back!!" She repeated, allowing her anger to seep into her voice.

"I won't. I mean what I said. That bitch got what she deserved. Killing and framing others just because she was too much of a pussy to off herself? Doesn't sound like anyone worthy of living to me."

"SHUT UP!" Kanade took a step toward Mafuyu. "You've done nothing but cause trouble this entire time!"

I was shocked. I don't think I had ever heard her so angry.

"Oh?" Mafuyu asked.

"First, you never show up. You never do any investigating. You never help us! And then? Then you start accusing people for no reason. You start making me, the one who tries her best to lead the group, doubt myself and my abilities. And now you insult the dead? The dead who did nothing but what she was told to do? I'M SICK OF YOU!"

The anger in Kanade's eyes as she slowly made her way closer to Mafuyu was... terrifying...

"Kohane had become my friend. More of a friend than you had ever been. Kohane stood up against you for me, and I'm sure as hell not about to let you trash talk her when she can't defend herself!"

Mafuyu scoffed. "And what are you going to do about it?"

Kanade answered that question by swinging a punch, connecting it with Mafuyu's face.

Mafuyu took a step back and held her face, more out of surprise than from pain.

There was a period of silence throughout the courtroom, before Mafuyu finally recovered from the shock. She looked up at Kanade, giving her a death glare, and I was sure I saw Kanade start to hesitate.

"Fine then. If that's how you want to play it."

Kanade started backing away.

Mafuyu charged, grabbing Kanade's bangs and yanking her forward. Mafuyu rammed her knee into Kanade's face, and Kanade immediately cried out in pain.

Everyone stared at Kanade's bloody nose in horror as determination flashed in her eyes.

Oh God no. Kanade will never hold her own!

But I couldn't manage to move, entranced at the sight of Mafuyu and Kanade throwing punches, Mafuyu's being considerably stronger.