A Killing Game?

"What do you mean? A killing game?" Ena asks, distressed.

"It means exactly what it sounds like! Would you like me to explain the rules?" Mikukuma asks happily.

"No! I don't want the rules! I want out!" Saki screams.

"This is a joke," Akito says calmly, "Hey, Miku, go ahead and let us go. Actually this might be a super realistic dream. Someone pinch me. We'll be out of here in no time."

Akito closes his eyes and Toya pinches Akito. When he opens his eyes and realizes he's still here his calmness seems to slip. "Huh?"

"Oh my! This is no dream and absolutely not a joke! I brought all of you here to entertain me! Last two people standing get to leave! So, if you want out so badly, I suggest you shut up and listen to what you have to do," Mikukuma says with a mixture of amusement and frustration.

"Of course we won't listen to you! We're going to find a way out on our own!" An yells and tries to pull me away.

Should I go? I think staying might be a better idea.

Rui speaks up, "Before you do that An, hear me out. I say that we stay and listen to the rules. It never hurts to have more information. Perhaps knowing the rules could help us in some way to find a way out. Though the downside is it does increase the chances of a killing, but I trust everyone here enough to say the pros outweigh the cons. There is also the fact that if you leave, some people will always stay and once they know the rules and you don't you're at a disadvantage. Not to mention the people who stay are more likely to be the killing kind. That's it. I won't stop you."

This is why I like Rui. He's really smart and thinks so logically. I guess that's expected of the Ultimate Engineer.

"Ah, I guess when you put it like that. Okay, Mikukuma! Let's hear those rules!" An shouts.

"Of course!

Rule #1: Students must live at the Sekai Academy for the remainder of their foreseeable future.
Rule #2: Once a murder takes place, all surviving students must participate in a class trial.
Rule #3: If the blackened is exposed during the class trial, they alone will be executed.
Rule #4: If the blackened is not exposed, all remaining students will be executed.
Rule #5: If the blackened survives the class trial, they will graduate and re-enter the outside world.
Rule #6: The killing game and class trials will continue until only two surviving students remain.
Rule #7: "Nighttime" is from 10 p.m. to 8 a.m. The dining hall and gymnasium are off-limits at night.
Rule #8: Violence toward Mikukuma is strictly prohibited.
Rule #9: Mikukuma will never directly commit a murder.
Rule #10: Your Monopads are very important items. Please do not damage them.
Rule #11: The "Body Discovery Announcement" will play when two or more students discover a body, not including the killer.
Rule #12: With minimal restrictions, you are free to explore the campus at your discretion.
Rule #13: Students who violate these rules will be immediately exterminated.
Rule #14: Further, there may be new additions to the school rules according to the convenience of Mikukuma.

Any questions?"

"I have one!" Tsukasa yells.

"And what would that be?" Mikukuma asks.

"I heard you mention a valuable item called a Monopad. What is that?"

"Ah! I forgot to give them to you! Monorin!"

"Yes ma'am!" Monorin starts going around handing us each a tablet-like object with our names engraved. I switch it on. The rules that were just explained are displayed.

"You'll figure out what you can do with them soon enough! Hehe!" Mikukuma laughs, "By the way, you all have rooms somewhere if you bother to find them. Happy killing! May you all fall into despair!"

Mikukuma disappears back into the floor and Monokubs follow.

"What just... happened?" Minori asks.

"No, no, that can't be happening!" Airi screams, "Why? What is this?!"

Ena quickly runs over to her best friend, "Calm down, Airi! Come on, let's go calm down. It'll be okay! No one's killing anyone."

Everyone has different reactions. I watch the members of Wonderlands x Showtime all form a group hug. Nene looks scared while the others are visibly upset but trying to comfort her anyway.
The group of people I don't know seem like a mess. Some are crying while others are just trying to remain calm but failing miserably.

The remaining idols seem distressed but they're a good job of keeping themselves together.

Kanade and Mafuyu genuinely don't seem affected at all.

Toya and Akito are discussing the situation. Kohane runs over to An and I. Oh yeah, An is totally freaking out.

"AN!" Kohane yells as she crashes into An, pulls her into a hug, and starts crying into her shoulder.

"KOHANE!" An whines and starts crying too.

I'm just trying to make sense of this situation. Why does Mikukuma want us to kill each other? Is it really just for amusement? How did she get us here? How long were we asleep. Where even is this school? So many questions. Maybe discussing with Rui after he's done with his friends would be a good idea. I could also talk to Kanade about it. Those two are the more logical of the group.

An breaks my thoughts, "Mizuki..."

I sigh, "Alright, come here you two."

"How are you so calm?!" An cries.

"I guess I'm too caught up wondering about the situation and thinking how we could escape to wonder about if my life's on the line."

"I wish I could be like that!"

"Mizuki," Kanade shows up behind me, Mafuyu following her, "What are your thoughts?"

"I'm not exactly sure yet."

"Well considering Miku is here, I think it's pretty likely this is a sekai of some sort. The rules also called this place Sekai Academy. That means all we need to do is find a phone playing untitled and stop it from playing," Kanade tells me.

I didn't even catch that! I guys this really is affecting me more than I thought!

"How are you going to find a tiny phone in this huge school? Not to mention it might be with Mikukuma or one of the Monokubs. I think we should give up. I wouldn't particularly mind dying," Mafuyu says.

"I don't think giving up is an option. We should ask around. Maybe the other's have sekais too. It could be one of theirs."

Mafuyu suddenly looks surprised and she looks up at us like something just dawned on her.

"What if one of us is working with Mikukuma?"