SEKAI

I stand up and we make our way towards Ichika, Honami, and Saki.

"Hey," I start to get their attention, "Kohane and I were hoping to sing but we have nowhere to do so. This is your sekai after all, so..."

"Oh what about the band room?" Honami suggests.

Oh right! The room we woke up in had all sorts of instruments and microphones!

"You know where that is, right?" Ichika asks.

"Ah, yeah, I think so," I respond, "Do you guys want to sing with us too?"

"Ah, I don't know... Ichika's usually the one who sings," Honami says.

"Oh, come on, Hona! It'll be fun!" Saki tries to convince her.

"Okay..." Honami agrees hesitantly.

"Let's go!" Saki cheers.

We walk through the halls to where we think it is. No one's really gotten used to the layout yet.

"Finally," I sigh as we reach the band room.

"I missed this place!" Honami cheers.

"It's been like 3 days since we were last here," Ichika points out.

"Yeah but it feels much longer," Honami justifies.

"And we used to be here everyday!" Saki points out.

"It feels a little weird without Shiho," Ichika points out.

"It does," Honami agrees.

"Oh come on, you've got us! I'm sure she's fine!" I try to make them feel better.

"You're probably right," Honami agrees.

"Now then, what song should we sing?" I ask them.

"Hm, I don't know. What kind of songs do you guys sing?" Ichika asks.

"Well I usually sing things on the sadder side but I want to sing something happy right now!" I tell them.

"I'm trying to cheer Kohane up right now," I whisper to Ichika.

"Because of An?" Ichika asks.

I nod.

"Well in that case, I don't think we should just sing something happy. Even if you keep giving her happy memories she'll still be dwelling on her. We should sing something about moving forward. Something that will help let her spill out her emotions and overcome them rather than covering them and waiting for them to go away," Ichika reasons.

Have I been going about this all wrong? I was just trying to solve her problems the same way I solve mine but... Maybe I've always been wrong.

"I'll take that as a yes?" Ichika assumes when I don't answer and then talks to the others as well, "What about SEKAI? Do you know that one?" Ichika asks Kohane and I, "I think the lyrics are good for this situation."

Do I? I think I do. I don't ever remember hearing it but Sekai's seem to work weirdly when it comes to knowing songs.

"I feel like I do," I tell them.

Kohane nods in agreement.

"Great, let's sing that," Ichika picks up her microphone off a stand in the middle of the room.

Saki goes to find a box with other microphones inside.

"Here," She hands one to me and one to Kohane. My microphone has Shiho's name on it.