Emu Has Joined Your Party

"Hiiiiii!"

"Emu!"

Emu runs in with Nene and Tsukasa chasing her.

"Emu!" Nene grabs her, "We're not supposed to be here!"

Rui walks over, "What are you 3 doing here?"

"We couldn't find anything interesting so I wanted to visit you!" Emu runs up and hugs Rui.

"Sorry Rui, we tried to stop her," Tsukasa apologies.

"It's fine," Rui smiles, "But it would be better if you'd leave Emu."

"Aww," Emu complains, then she looks around, "It's a little bit dark in here. Wouldn't it be easier if you could see better?"

"Now that she mentions it, it is a little dark in here," Kanade agrees.

It is! Why, though?

"Thank you, Emu. You may have given us a crucial piece of information. Only time will tell," Rui thanks Emu.

"Yay! Does that make us real detectives then?!" Emu asks excitedly.

"Hehe, I think it does! Do you want to help more?" Rui asks.

"YES! YES! We'll find the killer together and give them a wham bam for their crimes!" Emu cheers.

"That sounds weirdly threatening," Tsukasa comments.

"Yeah," Nene agrees, "We'll leave her with you then. I don't feel safe in the same room as her."

Rui laughs, "Perhaps I've corrupted her too much. See you two later!"

Kanade and I wave at Nene and Tsukasa as they leave. I guess Emu is working with us too now. She seems to be good at noticing little things so I think she'll be useful.

"Welcome to the team, Emu," I greet her.

"Thank you!" She replies.

Kanade starts looking around again. Emu drops to the ground and searches under the bed. I look behind dressers and nightstands. Rui inspects the microphones and speakers An has in her room. I'm beginning to think we aren't going to find anything else when Shiho walks in with... an interesting accessory.

"So, I found this bloody lamp in the trash can-"