Comforting

"What happened?" Nene asks.

Kanade turns around to face us, "I heard Kohane screaming so I got up to check on her and found them like this. Then the body discovery announcement played."

"Doesn't that mean it must've been Akito, Toya, or Mafuyu then?" Honami asks.

"Not necessarily," Kanade replies, "Someone could have walked in before Kohane and I. Beside we should never rule anything out until we have all the evidence."

"I bet it was Mafuyu," I overhear Saki whisper under her breath then gets louder, "Mafuyu's the only one who isn't here, AGAIN!"

"Well then why don't you go get her? Knock on her door. She's probably there," Kanade suggests.

"No way!" Saki responds.

"I can do it," Shizuku suggests.

"Thank you, Shizuku. Please bring her back here and then you're free to investigate elsewhere" Kanade thanks her and Shizuku walks out the door. Kanade looks around, "Mizuki, Rui, Kohane, Toya, and Akito, stay here. Everyone else look for clues elsewhere with Shizuku."

Nene looks ready to question why she needs Rui, but decides to leave with the others without putting up a fight.

"So why are we here?" Akito questions.

"Well, that's because you two along with me, Kohane, and Mafuyu are the main suspects as of right now."

"And you want me and Mizuki here because we're good detectives, correct?" Rui adds.

Kanade nods, "That and the fact that I want the perspective of those from the picnic."

Kanade turns to look at Akito and Toya, "What were you doing before this?"

Akito looks ready to argue but Toya cuts him off, "We were in Akito's room just hanging out. We weren't doing much more than talking about this and that."

"And you confirm this, Akito?" Kanade asks.

"Oh, yeah," He responds.

"And you didn't hear or see anything suspicious?"

They both shake their heads.

Kanade sighs, "Well then, you're free to go."

"Thank you," Toya responds and grabs Akito's hand leading him out the door with Akito whining about how he doesn't need to be directed.

Kanade turns to me, "Mizuki, are you okay?" She asks.

"Huh?" I ask.

"You haven't done much more than stare at... An and Kohane. I know you were close. You don't have to investigate with me. I can let you leave with everyone else."

It dawns on me that I haven't said a single word this whole time. Ah, everything is blurry too. That must mean I'm crying.

"Mizuki..." Kanade comes up and hugs me which surprises me. Rui comes and joins her.

"Guys..." I whisper and wrap my arms around them.

"Can I get a hug too?" Kohane asks from behind Rui and Kanade.

They turn around and give her a big hug as well and she cries into Rui's chest.

"It'll be okay, Kohane," Rui tells her.

Despite the dead body quite literally just laying there next to us, I feel more comforted than I have the entire time we've been here. I'm glad Rui and Kanade are here for me.

"Are you guys done with the sob fest?"