Don't Ever Think She Was as Low as You Are

Hm... Did anyone leave?

WAIT!

"Shizuku!" I point at her.

"Huh? Me?" Shizuku asks.

"Ah! Right!" Honami exclaims, "You went to the bathroom, didn't you?"

"This is the first I'm hearing of this," Kanade states, "When did you leave?"

"I'm not sure," Shizuku says, "But when I got back some people were already eating desserts."

Honami nods, "I got them out and some of us decided to wait for Shizuku but I had promised Emu we'd eat them at 2:30 since she was so impatient. So, some of us were already eating by that point. So I guess she left a little before then."

Kanade hurriedly pulls out her Monokuma file and starts reading aloud, "The victim, An Shiraishi, was found dead in her dorm room. Her body was discovered at 2:38pm and the estimated time of death is 2:30pm. The victim suffered blunt force trauma to the back of the head," She looks up at everyone, "This means Shizuku was in the bathroom during the time of the murder."

"Does that mean Shizuku did it?" Emu asks.

"Hmm, me?" Shizuku asks calmly, "But I was only gone for... what? 5 minutes? That isn't nearly enough time to kill someone, is it?"

"Actually," Rui cuts in, "It rather seemed like the murderer was in a rush."

Kanade nods, "So you being gone for such a short time further proves you guilty."

"Why did it seem like the killer was in a rush?" Minori asks, wanting to defend her friend.

"Shiho," I cue her.

"Oh... right. I found a bloody lamp in the trash," She seems a little upset as she says it.

I sigh, "Specifically the one at the end of the dorm hallway."

"Right!" Emu chimes in, "Wouldn't the killer want the evidence to be far away and hidden?"

"Oh, so An was hit with the lamp?" Minori asks.

"Most likely," Rui answers with a grin, "So, do you have anything left to say, Shizuku?"

"I don't think that's enough proof to accuse me of being a murder. Besides, how would I even get in? I'm sure An would have locked the door," Shizuku counters.

I look to Kanade for help. She looks lost in thought and suddenly looks up in realization. Determination fills her face.

"Kohane, when did you go to the bathroom?"

"Um, probably about 2:30. Maybe before then," Kohane responds.

"Did you lock the door when you left?"

"N-no, I left it wide open."

"Was anyone in the bathroom when you entered?"

"No."

"Did anyone ever enter?"

"No."

"Did anyone ever leave?"

"No."

"Well there we have it," Kanade concludes, "Shizuku never entered the bathroom in the first place. And a wide open door sure sounds like an easy target."

"..."

"Shizuku... Did you kill An?" Minori asks her in disbelief.

"Ah, I guess I can't get out of this one. I was sure I got away with it too," She confesses so casually.

"You did it?" Kohane asks, her voice shaky.

"Mhm," Shizuku nods.

"W-why...?" She asks, "Why An?!"

"Well, honestly, I didn't have any particular target to begin with," Shizuku explains, "I always wondered what it'd be like to kill someone. When I heard Mikukuma explain the rules, I got scared... but a little excited at the same time! But I promised myself I wouldn't act on my desires because Airi needed me. However, now that Airi's gone, I didn't exactly have a reason to hold back anymore. I figured maybe I could go out the same way as her! Maybe she'd be proud of me!"

"You're sick!" Kohane yells at her.

"Oh, but it's kind of your fault Kohane," Shizuku responds.

"What..?"

"When I went to the 'bathroom' I actually did have to go. But seeing that door wide open with no witnesses! I couldn't resist!"

"Shizuku..." Minori says speechless.

"I can't believe I was ever friends with you," Haruka speaks up.

"Hmm?" Shizuku asks.

"I can't believe I was ever friends with a psychopath like you."

"Oh?"

"You say you did it for Airi, right? Airi would never be proud of you," Haruka says coldly.

"But Airi did the same as me. You all forgave her. What's so different?" Shizuku asks with a frown.

"Don't compare yourself to Airi! Airi was sorry. Airi knew what she did wrong. Airi wanted to be executed because she couldn't live with herself! Airi had empathy. You are none of that. You're a cold hearted killer. I would bet my life that if you were released right now you wouldn't ever regret your killing again. Any thinking back on it you did would just be wondering about if you should do it again. Airi killed to survive. You killed for pleasure. That's the difference between you and Airi. SO DON'T EVER THINK THAT AIRI WAS ANYWHERE NEAR AS LOW AS YOU!"

Shizuku stands stunned. She glances to Minori for help but she just looks away.

"Ah..."

And then tears start to pour from Shizuku's eyes.

"Is it too late to say I'm sorry?"

"Yes it is, Shizuku. Yes it is."

A/N: I headcanon Shizuku as a serial killer. That is the only reason I wrote her as the blackened. I don't know why I do she just gives me serial killer vibes.

Anyway I definitely have an execution planned for her. Definitely. So, I mean go ahead and drop some ideas but it's not like I need them. (This is a cry for help seriously I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO WRITE FOR HER WITHOUT MAKING IT THE SAME AS AIRI'S)