Quarterfinals - Real or Not Real?

The tributes' hallucinations have long since vanished, replaced with the haunting realization that their memories, some of them anyway are back. Just like last night, three faces are shown. The tributes can't help but wonder what they might have seen that would have driven them towards death.

Annelle Kuepers, Zacharias Brown, Marin Calypso

Slowly, more slowly than they ever have before, the faces vanish from the sky. Or maybe they only seem slower because, unlike the past several days, the Gamemakers aren't unleashing anything to hurt the tributes. The rest is unexpected for the tributes, but they welcome it. They are eager to explore their newfound memories, whatever their lives are like before.

Little do they know that the Gamemakers are eager for them to explore their memories too, and are only waiting to begin today's torture.

*

Your task is for your tribute to explore their memories, and to think of one specific memory that's comforting to them. This should not be your tribute's best memory, just another good memory from your tribute's time before the Games.

But we wouldn't let you off that easy.

At some point in the entry, the tribute's pleasant memory has to be twisted into something terrible. The resulting memory should resemble the old memory, but be anything but pleasant. Basically, we want you to hijack your own tribute.

Also, something's that needs to be clarified, Cassidy Shepherd's sponsorship has been restored. We meant to clarify that in voting, but forgot. We apologize for any confusion that came as a result.

Speaking of sponsorships, this is the last task sponsor benefits apply. Sponsored tributes will receive one additional ballot death.

You must have one death in your entry, and one ballot death would like to remind you that if you don't list your kills at the end of your entry, they won't be counted.

There is no word limit this task, but be mindful of the length of your entry.

This is also the last task we will have two deadlines! The early deadline is Saturday, June 13th at 11 PM BST.

The final deadline is Sunday, June 14th at 11 PM BST.

Good luck tributes, and may the odds be ever in your favor!