Task Three - All The Jabberjays You Want - Entries

Jason Platinum:

I wake up back in a hospital room. My heavy eyelids adjust to the dim light. My bow and arrow are still laying next to me. I hear multiple screaming coming from down the hall. I nock an arrow, anxious to shoot it. As I get closer, 2 blood-curdling screams are coming into my focus. I peer around the corner, looking at the shivering body of a 12 year old girl. Her head is planted in her arms. I aim at a small black object, releasing the arrow. The black object falls to the floor, the screams dieing away. The girls head pops up. "Kill me now!" she screeches, "Kill Me!" I shrug and in about 3 seconds in her heart. "Thank you she murmurs, and the cannon goes off. As I sprint away, A whole flock of birds chase me, screaming. They sound like they dieing tributes, I am suddenly reminded of Delany, she tried so hard to erase the shame of her mother, yet she died the same way. My tears start watering and I instantly shake it off. I launch arrows, trying to kill as much birds as possible. Suddenly, a spear sails an inch from my head. A girl hops out of the hallway. I launch an arrow, impaling her calf, from my vision it looks deep. I launch another arrow, this time, I judge her movement correctly, and it goes through her neck. The cannon booms before she even hits the ground. My room is a couple feet away. My pack is right where I left it. I grab it and run, not stopping. The floor flies up and my face makes contact.

Remus Artine:

It is entirely possible that I have no emotions. The possibility that I am a robot is something as unsettling as it is new; even when I slit the throat of the annoyingly childish girl, I assumed my response was a basic survival instinct. Now, however, as the flock of birds comes towards us, screaming in the most unsettlingly human of voices, I watch my allies fall to the ground and cover their ears, knowing full well that there is nobody I could remember who would get this kind of reaction for me.

There is nobody I remember, period.

"Mom!"

"Dad!"

"Blue?"

Marin's face is saddened and tragic as a woman's voice follows her around. Violiss' is angered. Jolene's is completely and utterly heartbroken. As Solar explains to us that he's hearing an escort who, to this day, terrified me, it is impossible to miss that he is trembling in his boots. But I stand up straight, my sword in my hand, and I stare forward, empty. Shallow. There is no bird for me, and perhaps thus is what the Gamemakers thought they would break me. How I wish I could say they were wrong.

Left with no other option, I deal with the birds in the one way I know how to; death and violence are the two things that I still have, and so I ask myself with those to fight the heartbreaking emptiness all around me. Bird after bird falls to the ground, their necked chopped off, but they continue to join. It comes to my mind that killing them will do nothing to relieve the others, but it relieves me nonetheless. Like the others' cowering, this is how I cope with the problem at my mind: mechanically, like clockwork.

Like a robot.

Raven Castille:

NO ENTRY.

Annelle Kuepers:

Annelle huddled in the corner of a room in the outside of the hospital. It was a little ways near the entrance, which appeared to be blocked off. As she looked around the empty room, she laid back. Her back on the floor, she looked up at the empty ceiling, seeing portraits fade away. She saw a few people that she had killed, which made her smile slightly. It was a cold smile though, like someone who was insane would be smiling about.

She sat up, checking her pack to see what was inside. She saw a few small knives, a match, a bottle with water, an apple, and dried up meat. Annelle took the apple eagerly and took a big bite, a little bit hungry after all her killing. But as she ate, questions filled her mind. Where did she come from? Where was her family? Where did everyone in the hospital live? Was everyone sent here for a reason?