Task Two: A Bloodbath by Any Other Name

Not a single noise from the tributes arises from the silence as their platforms click into place. No coughs, no whimpers, no cries or guttural noises from the throats of the confused teenagers; the only sound that rings through the echoing room is the sound of the pedestals clicking into place. Overhead, flickering lights illuminate the scene.

After looking around their room, it comes to your tribute's attention that only four of them are present. Where the heck is everyone? Why are there only four tributes in the room? The tributes look around, confused at the room's silence, and its emptiness.

Why are they here?

No clear instructions are given to your tribute beforehand - only to stay still until instructed to move. When will they know that it's okay to move around? They try to search for an answer, but nothing in their head is clear. Nothing besides the memories that they hold onto.

The lights above flicker once more before shattering; glass shards rain down onto your tribute and the three others in the room with them. As the lights dim suddenly, leaving them in the darkness, they know that they can't stay on their podium any longer.

And so, the Bloodbath begins.

*

Welcome to Task Two: The Bloodbath!

Your task is to, as you'd expect, kill others and escape with your life. As stated above, you're to be in a room with three others, each on shabby pedestals. In your room, there's nothing other than a hospital bed, a curtain, maybe a desk if you're lucky. There are no scalpels, scissors or any other supplies you can use to defend yourself from threats.

After your tribute makes it out of their room, they find a long hallway, connected to all the other rooms, and a waiting room. The waiting room is filled with the usual supplies you'd expect from a Bloodbath: food and drink, medical kits, sleeping gear, weapons, everything you need.

As per usual, you're expected to kill others. For the bloodbath, we'd like it if you could kill THREE people in your entry, and send us FIVE ballots deaths along with your entry. If you don't add a list of kills at the end of your entry, your kills will not be counted.

Ten tributes will go up for votes this task, and eight will be eliminated. We are also implementing a somewhat new system for votes this time. Instead of automatically putting the ten tributes with the most deaths up for votes, the twelve with the most deaths will be considered, and the two with the best entries will be saved by the Gamemakers regardless of how many times they are killed. (The number of tributes going up for votes, and saved by the Gamemakers will change each task)

If Delaney Tourmaline, Garrett Atticus-Maynor, or Jason Minear do not hand in, they will be eliminated. If anyone else does not hand in, they will automatically be put up for votes.

As sponsored tributes receive one free save from votes, as long as they hand in, sponsored tributes are effectively immune this task.

Early Deadline: Saturday, May 16th, 11pm BST.

Final Deadline: Sunday, May 17th, 11pm BST.

Word Limit: 1500 words.

In case you've forgotten, our email is welcometopanem1@gmail.com. Please put your tribute's name in the subject line for your entry, so that it's easier for us to organize.

Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favour!