Task Three - All the Jabberjays You Want

Eight cannons echo off the walls of the hospital, once a place for healing, now a place for death. Eight cannons, whose booms shake the entire arena to its core, for eight deaths, which shook the tributes even more.

Delaney Tourmaline, Ethelia Stormgaze, Aleesa Talass, Finnegan Holland, Keith Hartwood, Hazelle Cedara, Garret Atticus-Maynor, Jason Minear

The tributes look down at the arena one last time; their confused expressions beg one last question: Why us? Unfortunately for them, their question is one that will never be answered.

Their dying screams continue to echo through the arena long after their portraits have faded away from the ceiling. Huddled in their corners, the living tributes are convinced that it's simply their imagination, their brain incessantly playing through what little memories they have. Then a small bird flies in through the doorway, its beak wide open, your tribute is certain they're hallucinating when they hear the bird scream exactly like the dead tributes had.

An entire flock of the birds follows, each screaming a new, terrible scream. The tributes pinch themselves, trying to wake up from whatever nightmare they're in, but nothing happens.

This is all too real.

*

Tributes, this is the Mutt task that has become customary for the second arena task. As you should be able to tell, the Mutts in this arena are jabberjays, which have replicated the screams of dying tributes, and of the tributes' loved ones. Some of you may recognize the loved ones' screams, but some of you may not. Make sure to think about this when you're planning your entry.

As well as killing a fair amount of Mutts (or not, the jabberjays' damage is mental instead of physical), ONE tribute must die in your entry. There should also be TWO ballot deaths, for a total of THREE kills.

The death in the entry must be explicitly stated, whether by showing a defining trait of the dead tribute, or by saying the dead tribute's name or District. If it isn't, we won't count the kill. As always, if a list of kills isn't included, the kills won't be counted.

The six tributes with the most deaths will be considered by the Gamemakers, and five will go up for votes. Three will be eliminated. Sponsored tributes will receive one death off of their total.

Early deadline: Saturday, May 23rd at 11 PM BST

Final Deadline: Sunday, May 24th at 11 PM BST

Word Limit: None for this task.

Good luck tributes, and may the odds be ever in your favor!