District Six Female - Finnegan Holland - AmandaShadowhunter

Name: Finnegan Holland

Age: 12

District: 6

Gender: Female

Appearance: Finn isn't much to look at. She blends in with the other poor, scrawny, unkempt children of her home district. She has the traditional-to-Six freckled face and bright, too-wide eyes that always make it seem as though she is either scared, surprised, or very, very anxious. Her hair is slightly too brown to be called auburn, but that might just be all the dirt and mechanical grease. She stands short, and her limbs are thin and wiry, but tough from years of rambunctious chasing and tree-climbing and other such shenanigans. Finn has an ugly, jagged scar up the side of her arm from an accident in one of the factories.

Personality- Finn is a wild little thing. She has a childish habit of doing as she pleases the moment a thought comes to mind, not thinking much of the repercussions that may come with the actions. Although she may act carefree, she is anything but oblivious to the world around her. She is a trickster; a rebel. She hates the capitol, and is one of few children who still have not learned to keep their thoughts to themselves. She has a dangerous mind and does not hold her tongue. It makes her brash, blunt, and always lingering on the edge of trouble. She doesn't really understand that there is nothing she can do about the Capitol, and the way her family lives, so she will continue to behave in such an unwise manner, until she is dead or learns otherwise. She has a terribly fierce drive and determination, but they aren't always very well placed, and her lack of planning practically cancels the positivity of the trait out entirely.

Best Memory- Honey. There had been a Victor from Six; a rare feat, when Finn had been around seven years old. The entire district had been showered with extra food and supplies for weeks afterwards. The Calgary family had been lucky enough to get their hands on a small jar of honey, which had been gifted to Finn one particularly bad day when she had broken her nose running into a wall. She slurped up every drop of that sweet, sticky, syrup within ten minutes, but she never forgot it, or the luxury of being able to just eat and be happy without worrying about whether there would be more or not.
Worst Memory- Getting her scar. Ever since she could walk and understand instructions, Finn has gone four days a week to help package hover-craft parts at a factory close to her house. It's the most work a girl of her size and age can get, and it was difficult to gain even then, seeing as Finn's feisty ways and backtalk are not exactly appreciated. When she was eight, the factory had a malfunction. One of the engine pieces coming out of the machine was hot, and had a torn, jagged edge. Not seeing the difference in the piece, Finn lifted it, gaining herself a long, deep gash reaching from the palm of her left hand all the way to the inside of her elbow.

Volunteered/Reaped- Reaped.

Reason/Reaction- Finnegan was scared out of her wits; this was only her first time actually participating in a reaping, after all. She had been assured time and time again that it wouldn't be her. When she mounted the platform, eyes had been cast towards the ground. No one wanted to be blamed for letting the little thing be sent off to her death when they could have volunteered and spared her. She held back tears, but she did not cry. She decided to win.

Weapon of choice- Finn won't take to weapons well. She'll do better running and hiding, but if she has to, she'll use something small and easily handled, like a knife or a thin sword.

Token- The family ring, tied on a string around her neck. Her fingers are still too small to wear it properly.