District Five Male - Solar Dedisco - katniss-everdeen

Name: Solar Dedisco
Age: Fifteen
District: Five
Gender: Male

Appearance: On the whole, Solar looks no different to any other citizen of District Five. His dusty black hair, whilst not overly long, falls across his eyes so that he keeps having to push his fringe behind his ears. His eyes are a simple grey, full of life and always accompanied by a cheerful smile. He stands no taller than anyone else, and might even be a couple of inches short of average although he refuses to admit it.

Personality: Solar has never really found anything difficult. His outgoing and cheerful demeanor means he makes friends easily and is never left on his own for any reason, and his photographic memory ensures that he finds school work an absolute breeze. However, something inside him feels a consistent need to always rely on numbers, dates and times to keep himself going. After all, he can remember everything that includes anything he'd rather forget; it's just easier to remember that there are hundreds of other days in a year to think about.

Best Memory: Solar's best memory is when he was first allowed to hold his younger brother after he had been born. Before his parents had even picked a name for the new sibling, Solar begged his mother to let him hold the baby on his lap and stroke his tufts of hair.

Worst Memory: Solar's worst memory is the terror he felt at his first Reaping, and especially the cruel, smiling face of District Five's old escort. When he was just twelve, the harsh make-up and bright colors of her outfit terrified him, especially when he knew that she was responsible for the deaths of two children. Even though Solar made it through the first Reaping, the memory of the escort standing there like a freakish puppet still haunts his nightmares.

Reaped, which was clearly a traumatic experience for anyone not willing to enter the Games voluntarily. Solar was able to seem calm, but his mind refused to keep reminding him of all the deaths he had seen on the television beforehand. There was also the fact that the escort's fashion sense was still enough to make him glance away whenever she tried to meet his eyes.

Weapon Of Choice: Having never handled a weapon before, Solar likes to consider his memory as a secret weapon. On the other hand, he's aware that that is very cliche and will probably just grab the sharpest thing he can find.

Token: Ever since he could remember, Solar had worn a gold chain around his neck. He still does not know why, but it reminds him of home.