chapter 18

Hibiki was like any other students in his middle school but one thing that made him stand out was his attitude. He was good in studies and sports at the same time but his teachers see him as a problematic kid in their class as he was most likely to get into a fight or something.

Everyone usually go to him if they face any problem and if he is willing to help they can forget if that problem ever existed.

He was living his life in peace until one day a new transferred student came to their class. He was skinny and looked weak, his voice was really faint.

"I am Ito Kenji"

His classmate didn't approached him since he looks gloomy but one thing that didn't left him was bullying him because of his weak body. And that's when Hibiki came into picture. He protected Kenji from his classmate since he can't stand injustice in front of his eyes.

"You okay..?" Asks Hibiki standing by the stairs and Kenji was sitting down
"Ye...yes...thank you for helping me" he said in his faint voice
"Don't worry next time if something like that happens you can come to me!" Hibiki's smile made him feel a little assured.
"Okay.."

When Hibiki looked at Kenji all he see is his little brother, he sucide long ago because of the bullying and Hibiki is still have that regret in his heart that he failed to protect his little brother. But somewhere in his heart Kenji seems to reflect his little brother and he can't help looking after him. Hoping that his guilty will die one day.

Then after that day on Hibiki started to treat his like his friend and keep adding him where ever he seems left out of his class. Kenji admired him a lot.

Things were going fine until one day  Kenji suddenly stopped coming to school and except his homeroom teacher nobody really asked about him. Except Hibiki he was wondering what happened. So he being him again he went to his teacher and asked for his address.

Then without giving it much thought he went to his home, "that looks like a pretty luxurious apartment.." Hibiki looks at the hight of that building in front of him.
But when he tries to get in he was blocked by the security guards. "I am sorry kid but you can't get in unless he tells me to let you in" the man said
Hibiki was left with disappointment but is there anything he could do?

So with a disheartened he walked back on his way he saw a supermarket and he walked inside to get an ice cream because it's a hot day.
When he walked inside and was looking through some different flavours he saw a skinny boy who have a hat and mask walked inside.

"Could he be..?" Hibiki walked towards him and without hesitation he pulled his arm and he was not wrong it was Kenji. He could tell just by looking at his eyes.
"Kenji? I came by your appartment today but they didn't let me in.." he stated
"Oh? Is that so? It's just like that they have tight security in here" Kenji didn't dare looking at him
"Aren't you hot?" Hibiki chuckled looking at him with all his mask and hat on such a warm weather or is he trying to hide himself.
"It's not that hot though.." he pulled his hat more down
"By the way, I actually came to check on you so how are you doing and why aren't you coming to school don't tell me you are sick" he said eating his grape flavour popsicle
"I got busy with some things so I missed few classes.." Kenji wants to run from there
"Oh I see....anyways try not to miss anymore class or your attendance might get short that's all" he finishes his ice cream and paid for it and left just like that.

Kenji was revealed that he didn't tried to dig in more like usually people do, and he don't want his one and only friend getting mixed up in his fucked life.

Next day Hibiki expected him to show up his ass in school but he didn't? Hibiki's friends told him not to meddle much in his business he doesn't look like a trustfull kid. But he didn't listen to them. Even if he doesn't seem trustworthy he still can't just sit behind and do nothing he just wants to know what's stopping him from coming school.

On a rainy day Hibiki went to see him even though knowing that he will not be permitted to go in.
"It's really emergency I am afraid my friend is sick inside there and he has nobody to look after him" Hibiki almost cried saying this to make him believe.
"What's his name you said?" The security guard looked a little worried himself
"Kenji, Ito Kenji"
"Uh...that kid? Are you his friend?"
"Yes?"
"Well he never received a single visitor for as long as he is living, I don't know what's this about but if anything happens inside you will be responsible" the man said it seriously
"Then please let me in"
"Okay, write and your name and phone number here" he gave a pen and register to Hibiki, after completing his requirements he walked inside and took the elevator.
The man told him that he is in 45th floor and so he pressed 45th and waits as the elevator goes up.

After like five minutes later the elevator reached his destination and Hibiki walks out of it. There only three rooms in that floor and Kenji lives in the last one.
Hibiki pressed the bell it rang but he didn't receive an answer then he tried two or three more times.
Hibiki thought only if he had his phone number he won't have to do all these things. Hibiki had enough.

"HEY! ITO KENJI IT'S ME! HIBIKI!! NOW OPEN THIS GOD DAMN DOOR!" He screams his lungs out that even the neighbours came out to see what's all this commotion.

Kenji was just behind that door this whole time he was praying he won't come inside and just give up already but that never happened and now he even started screaming.
"Cut it out Hibiki!!" Kenji little shouts with his door a little open so that Hibiki can't see his face.
But that was enough for Hibiki to open it with force and get in.

"Kenji!? What happened!?" He rushed to him and hold his face which has cut marks and bruises all over and he looks weak as if he might faint any moment now.
"It's non of your business!" Kenji tries to push him away but his strength is nothing in front of Hibiki's
"Who did this!?" Hibiki nostrils wides with anger
"Nobody....just leave me alone" he pushed Hibiki with all his might and he got slammed on the door but he is not mad about it.
"Just tell me Kenji!" He sounded really anger by this point
Kenji started crying and sobbing, Hibiki went up to him and hugged him.

Hibiki sits silently in front of Kenji waiting for him to calm down. "They are a group of thugs, I transferred here hoping they will leave me alone but that never happened they found me here too"
"Do you know them?"
"My dad made some bad connections in the past and now it's affecting all of us, me and my mom. He send me away hoping they would not be able to find me and eventually leave me alone but that's not what happened, I might leave to US soon but that's not happening anytime soon either"
"How did they get to you?" Hibiki cross his arms
"I have to go to them or they might do something bad to my parents...I am just their...collateral"
Hibiki have to erge to beat them for thinking that of him. And that's what he did.
"What exactly do they do to you.." Hibiki frown his brows
Kenji remained silent. And Hibiki understood it's something that he can't say out loud he feared what he is thinking was it.
"I will save you!" Hibiki stood up and promised himself this time he will save him. Doing that may be his guilty will recover even a little.

Hibiki tooks his own words too seriously and then not long after Kenji was called at one of their hide outs once again but this time he didn't realised that Hibiki followed him!