chapter 16

Hibiki walked back inside to his table, Kenji has finished his essperso a long and was waiting for him.
"Did he asked you to hurry back?" Kenji asked as if that's something obvious
"Actually he asked me to bring you home if you don't mind" Hibiki said it awkwardly
Kenji was not expecting this, well he do wanted to see him though.

Kenji drove him to his apartment complex and he leads the way to his apartment, as soon as he opened the door nob he smelled somthing really good coming out of his kitchen he knew Hwan is making something delicious over there and for a second he felt like he don't want to share it to anyone but he can't tell Kenji to just go back can he?

"Hibiki you are back?" Hwan pop out his head from kitchen and then he saw Kenji so he put down his work and step out to greet him.
"Hwan this is Kenji my old friend and Kenji this is Hwan my...um..it's him!" Hibiki felt shy calling him his boyfriend in front of Hwan. And he felt a little disappointed.
"Nice to meet you.." Kenji smiled and forward his hand, even though he is happy for Hibiki but how can he help not being jealous.
"Please make yourself at home" Hwan smiled politely as he hold his hands for a handshake.

Then he went back on his cooking but keeping his eyes and ears at the drawing room where they are sitting.
Hibiki laugh inbetween his jokes and Hwan really wonder does he ever smile like that in front of me?

Hwan finished his work quickly so he can catch up on them like what is there to laugh about.
He brought some tea and snacks for them and took a seat beside Hibiki on futon table.

"How did you two met?" Kenji asks
"We met in the college.." says Hibiki
"How long you two are dating?" Kenji keeps wanting to know more and Hwan could sence that he have something for his Hibiki it's the way he keeps looking at him.
"How long you ask..?" Hibiki can't really tell since when they are going out, was it since the first time they kissed?
"It's been few months" Hwan said it while placing a soft kiss on his cheeks.
Hibiki pinched his thighs for doing that, he knows he is doing it on purpose I shouldn't have brought Kenji in the first place I know he will act like that.

They have little chit chat through out their dinner, about them being neighbours and how he always perpair dinner for him. Kenji didn't says much about himself only that they were friends in middle school and after that he went to US. Hwan have a hunch that there's something they are not adding up inbetween how was their middle school and what they were like back then.

Well Hwan wants to know how was Hibiki back then in his school days to made this guy fall for him. Hwan came up with a plan and send Hibiki off to buy some soju since he know Hibiki will not let Kenji say it in front of him.

"Be safe.." Hwan send him off, though Hibiki is not having a good feeling about leaving Kenji alone with Hwan but he himself wants some fresh air, his day was hectic after meeting Kenji the last person he ever expected to see today.

"I know you want to know something from me.." Kenji is quite witty
"Just want to know how he was back then in his middle school, I can see you have eyes for him. Though he is mine" Hwan smiled at the last word.
"Him, he saved my ass back then" Kenji said it slowly seems like it was something major
"So he was a bright kid?" Hwan asks

"The brightest of all and most savage, he was the perfect combination of smart and strong" Kenji sounds proud saying it feeling a little superior then Hwan to be able to see him back then.
"He still is" says Hwan smiling about something
"And yet there's nothing I did for him, that's why I offered his to work in my company but he hesitated, may be because of you.." he sneered
"You sound like you are in his debt or something?"
"Debt? No they are just regrets and nothing else..." He gave a faint smile
"Regret?"
"Regret of meeting him, regret that he is my only friend who stood up for me and I became the reason he lost his shine.."
"That sounds deep.." Hwan frowned his brows like what on earth happened.

Before Hwan can dig more, Hibiki came back with their soju and some snacks.
"Darling what took you so long..." Hwan jumped up to go and get his lover, who almost punched him for calling him darling in front of Kenji.

After that they talked about this and that, Kenji refused to drink saying he is going to drive so.
Finally Kenji said he have to leave since it's getting late and he have to catch a morning flight tomorrow.

Hibiki walked him out to his car while Hwan keeps an eye like a spy hiding behind the curtains.

"My offer will always be valid you can always come and find me or just give me a call.." Kenji hand over him his business card
"Okay...and it's good to see you again" Hibiki smiles as he is genuinely happy that his old friend who's doing just fine in his life.

Kenji smiles in grief when he suddenly remembered as he just saw him smile
'His smile is still same just like that day.....oh, how I wish I could always see him smile by my side..'

"Same...and if he ever hurts you, come to me okay?" Kenji bend a little to his height and place a soft kiss on his forehead.

Then he left leaving a very confused Hibiki behind, He didn't looked back through his rear-view mirror, because deep down he knows Hibiki will never choose him. "Shit! I need some beer..."

Hibiki went back with that business card and found Hwan standing in door step with his arms crossed and no expression on his face.
He saw that huh?