S10E12

Author's Note:

The only complaint I've heard about how I write Ruby are about her ridiculous engineering skills and how it's OOC for her to want to work on them/the others letting them. Because some of them probably built their own weapons too etc.

Her fast engineering skills are a concession I made back when I decided to write an epilogue fic after the reactions are done. I wanted to write how season 3 would play out if they had RvB upgrades etc. I'm probably not going to change anything unless her making upgrades annoys a lot of you.

P.S: The epilogue fic has now been shortened, I'm probably just going to do a few epilogue chapters in the Chorus reaction.

P.S.S: I thought this would he an easy chapter to write. I forgot what this episode was, this reaction is almost as important as the CT reaction.

Cover Art: Cruz7808

S10E12- Out of Mind

"We can relax until the tournament, I hope there are enough seasons to last until then." Weiss smiled.

" Out of Mind" appeared on the screen with the theme.

"Out of Body, and now Out of Mind." Blake commented.

"Hm, I wonder if the next episode will be titled Out of Soul." Ren pondered.

Fade in to a beach from the Halo 2 map Relic.

"What happened to the graphics?" Blake raised an eyebrow.

Ruby's eyes widened. "I think it's one of the older games."

"The game before the game they're in now." Jaune agreed.

A portion of audio from the Out of Mind mini-series is heard in the background.

Tex: "(voice over) Okay, I'll take the lead. Give me fifteen seconds, then follow. Sync?"

"Oh I know where this is!" Yang sat up, "This is where Tex and York fought Wyoming."

"When was.. oh yeah in Out of Mind." Ruby nodded.

"Explains the title of the episode." Blake mumbled.

"Hm, this is where York died." Pyrrha looked down, "This is the island fortress Carolina mentioned."

York: "(voice over)... Sync."

Fade to the holographic lock and teleporter from Out of Mind.

Delta: "(voice over) Fire detected. Cover recommended."

Tex: "(voice over) Damn it! Damn! Cover, cover, cover!"

A battle rifle is heard firing, with a scream of pain from York following.

"It's so much worse hearing it now." Ruby winced.

"I hope what we're hearing isn't from an audio log that Carolina is listening to right now." Pyrrha grimaced, "Hearing his death would be horrible for her."

"Out of all the freelancers I think she was closest to York." Ruby added with a sad sigh.

Fade to the fortress

Tex: "(voice over) York, are you okay?! How bad is it, D?"

Delta: "(voice over) York will not survive."