S9E8

Author's note:

RESPONSE: Review bug is gone, I loved the reviews but I did get an interesting one from a guest named Anon. Brought up valid points about annoying shipping stuff. I hate shipping but Arkos/Renora moments are canon and I try so hard to stick to canon. Will try to do better though. They also said the reactions I write are too long...

Finally caught up on Turniphater's "RWBY and JNPR watch the show" their react fic inspired this series of fics. The fic showed me that good reaction fics can exist. Give it a read.

Thanks to therecklessone for pointing out that Recovery One did name Theta as North's A.I.

Also a little bit of a format change, after posting this chapter I will be going back through all former chapters to fix any mistakes and match this format.

Cover Art: Cruz7808

S9E8- Shaking the Foundation

"Driving a fast car over the speed limit." Ruby frowned. "Yang you don't do that do you?"

"No, you remember how strict dad was when he taught me to drive don't you? I can look cool while still going the speed limit." Yang grinned.

Ruby breathed a sigh of relief, "Good."

"But I can do it, it's easy to drive over the speed limit safely." Yang shrugged.

"That statement contradicts itself." Weiss chided.

"Yang!" Ruby shouted, her mouth hanging open in shocked anger.

"Ruby" Yang laughed good naturedly "I don't want to hear it from the girl who can go over the speed limit herself."

Ruby retreated into her seat, "..I did almost cause an accident once or three times." She mumbled.

Yang laughed, "Yeah me too, that's why I don't speed anymore. Anyway, driving over the speed limit's got nothing on showing up in a tank."

Jaune, Ruby, and Nora started laughing.

Nora's shoulder's moved with her laughter, "Bitches love tanks."

"I'm not a bitch." Ruby mumbled quietly.

Blake chuckled, her bow twitching a little as she picked up Ruby's muttering. "What's the title of this episode?" Blake asked, shifting the focus back to the screen.

" Shaking the Foundation" appeared on the screen with the theme.

"Ooo I hope that means things are picking up! That action scene in the first few episodes did nothing to sate my appetite for action!" Nora shouted.

"From the trailer we know there will be plenty more." Yang assured.

Ren nodded, "Oh and North's A.I. has been mentioned. It's Theta."

"What?" Jaune asked.

"Last episode, we forgot North's A.I. Has been said before. It was said in Recovery One I just remembered." Ren explained.

"... Ok thanks Ren." Jaune chuckled. "Theta." He repeated.

Fade into the outside of Red Base as Simmons works on the now fully built Lopez. The rattling of a wrench is heard.

A smile spread across Weiss's face.

Simmons: "*groaning* There! Man, that safety switch was hard to bolt on. Probably should've gotten a bigger one."

Nora snorted, "The switch."

Yang's eyes widened when she understood what Nora meant. "Ha! I forgot about the switch."