Chapter 18

Harry and Louis had been dragging me around all day. First this shop and then this boutique and then this dress shop and that clothing store. I felt like my feet were gonna fall off and my toes were gonna run away. I never thought two boys would be such heavy shoppers. Let alone 2 straight boys...well that could be in question since they're so in love with each other, I thought and giggled to myself.

"Oh this looks like a good place!" Louis grabbed my arm and jerked me into the store which had some pretty amazing dresses on the racks.

I looked around, thinking something would click but I never really knew how to shop for myself before. Well at least not the fancy stuff.

"Lou look at this one." Harry exclaimed and held up a red dress which I thought was totally gorgeous.

"No. That's not Jess." Lou shrugged and returned to the rack if dresses he was looking at.

I stood around looking stupid because I really had no idea what to look for. I didn't know what style, cut, or color. I'm ashamed to call myself a female sometimes. I spotted a green dress at the far end of the shop. I walked over and got my hands on it. It was a dark green which flowed all the way to the bottom. It had these faded green laced sleeves which I loved and it had this beautiful design with faded green lace in the front which slithered to the side of the dress and went all the way down. I took it off the rack because I really really really liked it. I caught a glimpse at the price tag. 659 dollars and 99 cents?! I screamed on the inside. I put it back on the rack and walked away.

*****

Louis was throwing dresses left and right at me while I was in the changing rooms. Half of the dresses looked horrible and the others were just too complicated to even put on.

Harry threw a purple dress at me and I slipped it on. It was too puffy for my taste but I stepped out anyway. "What do you think?"

"That's not the one." Louis said.

"I think you look beautiful in any dress." Harry cooed.

Lou rolled his eyes. "Yeah no."

I grabbed the price tag. "Thank God this bitch costs more than my apartment!" I went back into the changing room and took it off only to be hit by another dress at the top of me head. "Ow!"

"Sorry!" I heard Harry yell.

I looked at the dress. It was the green one I was looking at. For fun I decided to put it on which was a tiny bit complicated. But once I got it right I looked at myself and gasped. It was the perfect dress for me. I felt like a princess. A Eco loving princess but still a princess. I sighed because of the price and muttered some obscenities. I stepped out slowly and Harry's eyes lit up.

"THAT..IS..THE DRESS!" Louis yelled.

"I knew you were eyeing it for a reason." Harry winked.

I twirled around in it and smiled but then my smile faded. "No it's not the dress." I said sadly.

Lou huffed. "Why the hell not?"

Sheesh someone was cranky.

"Because.. It costs too much." I muttered.

"Bloody hell!" He threw his hands in the air.

"I'll be right back." Harry stated and disappeared.

"Don't worry about the price Jess it's just money."

"Yeah money that you guys work hard for." I argued.

"Not really."

"I just can't Lou. It's too expensive and that's final." I said ending the conversation.