Chapter 1

I woke up groggy and irritated for some odd reason. I looked at the time, 8:22 am. I groaned and buried my face under the covers. I knew I had to wake up but I didn't want to. I had a bucket of chores waiting for me. I live by myself. I moved out of my mom'a place after my I got my first job. I had save up enough to be on my own since my mom was already occupied with her new boyfriend. The first one she has had since my dad left us. I think I was 6 or 7 I can't remember. My mom doesn't talk about it and I really don't care about the issue anyway.

I got up and grabbed an orange towel the cabinet in the bathroom. My bathroom was average size with a shower/tub, a sink and a working toilet. The walls were covered in beige an white tiles.

I let the water run as I tossed my blue matching pajamas in the clothes bin. I quickly stepped in and let the water cover my body. I lathered my hair with my pomegranate shampoo and conditioner and lathered my body in vanilla shower gel. Time to get ready for a busy day.

I got dressed throwing on a floral patterned dress and a peach cardigan. I didn't know what to do with my hair so I just let it wave down my back. My chocolate hair dipped with blonde tips. I didn't do much with my makeup. My face got irritated easily if I wore concealer or foundation. I brushed on some beige eyeshadow which had a small tint of sparkle. I added a light white to my brow bone and smeared on some mascara on.

My phone rang just as I untwisted the cap of my lip stick. I put it down and searched for my phone which was still under my covers. The number was unfamiliar but I answered anyway. "Hello?" I chimed into the phone.

"Hi is this Jessett Pampa?" The male voice asked.

"This is, how can I help you?" I smiled at how grown up I sounded.

"My name is Paul. I saw your application for the occupation as a maid? It was filled out 2 days ago." He said. I heard paper shuffling.

I searched my head and remembered the building I walked into and the weird guy who smiled at me. I sure hope Paul wasn't him. "Yes I remember." I said. "Did you have a question?"

"I wanted to invite you for an interview. I have read over your application and I feel as if you are capable for the job. Would you be available if you got the job?"

I scoffed. "Heck yes." I cleared my throat. "I mean yes sir."

"Great. 4 o'clock this after noon work for you?"

I almost jumped in the air to thank him.

"Yes sir." I said trying to contain my voice.

"Perfect. It will be at 544 Dowd. A big building across from a small a coffee shop called Columbia." He cleared his throat.

"Thank you so much. I will be there. Thank you." I said.

"Great. I will speak to you then."

"Thank you."

"Goodbye."

"Bye." I heard the click which signaled he hung up. I sat on my bed and smiled. Finally a job! Money! I could finally pay off my bills!

Little did I know that money and paying bills would be the least of my worries.