The Bell pt III

WC: 1,884

WC: 1,884

Rafe, Kiara, and Bella are hiding underneath tarps.

Rafe and Kiara are both on their sides, and Bella is on her back.

She's breathing deeply, clutching onto the knife with one hand, eyes closed.

"BW, are you ok?" Kiara notices her breathing.

Bella grits out, "I'm fine."

Rafe's brows furrow, and whispers, "You claustrophobic or something?"

"Shut. Up."

The car comes to a stop. Guards check over them and let them through.

Kiara checks to see if they are clear, she pats Bella on the shoulder.

"I told you we just had to work together," Rafe sits up.

Bella keeps taking deep breaths and opens her eyes, her breathing getting better now that the tarp wasn't trapping her inside.

"BW? Can you sit up?" Kiara asked gently.

She nods and does.

Rafe pants, "Alright. Listen, I'm headed out to my boat, ok? I can give you a ride out, drop you wherever, somewhere safe. One thing though. Look at me." Kiara and Bella look at Rafe. "I know your friends are on the island and my sister. I'm not helping them. Alright? I can't trust them, ok? I'll give you two a ride out, not them. Ok?"

"I just want to get off the island," Kiara says. 

Bella closes her eyes and rests her head against the car.

"That's smart." Rafe looks at Kiara, "You know, I never thought of you as a pogue." He chuckles.

"What did you think of me as?" Kiara asked.

"I mean I always liked you, Kie. You're at least half Kook. Not like Bella here, she's a full pogue," Rafe laughed.

Bella rolled her eyes, "I'd rather be a pogue than a Kook any day."

"'Course you would. It's in your blood." Rafe laughs, "Doesn't matter who your mom marries, still a pouge. Even if Sebastian is Dad's biggest competition on the island."

Bella takes a deep breath in and lets it out. "I don't care."

🪙

The truck pulls into a small town and Rafe starts to climb out. Bella lets Kiara follow first.

They all hop down just as the truck starts to take off.

"Come on, my boat's down here," Rafe leads the way. "Make sure your shoes are off." Rafe hops into the boat, "Ok, we should have enough juice to get us to Saint Lucia, no problem." He grunts and tosses the rope to the side. "Hey get in the boat."