Prayers

WC: 2,920

WC: 2,920

"Ok now I can't take the test for you as much as I would like to but," Bella grinned and parked her Jeep. "Honestly I think you are going to do great."

JJ rolled his eyes, "I just have to pass it. I'm not Pope."'

"Yeah, and great is passing, if not better," Bella laughed.

JJ got out as Kiara pulled in with Pope.

"Have a good day at school! Good luck!"

JJ just gave her a grin before joining the others to head into school.

She pulled out and headed towards the sheriff's station and walked in. She looked around to make sure no one was paying attention to her before sliding past a few officers and going into Shoupe's open office.

She opened the door a bit and leaned against the wall just behind it. That way no one could see her if they were walking past.

Shoupe walked into his office after a few minutes and shut the door. He sighed and walked around to sit at his desk, not seeing her.

"You run ballistics yet?" Bella asked.

Shoupe held in a shout, but placed his hand over his heart, "What the hell Matthews?"

She took a seat in front of him.

"Get out of my office," Shoupe closed his laptop.

"Not until you tell me."

Shoupe was silent for a moment, "They are running them now."

A grin spread across her face. "So you believe us?"

"I didn't say that."

"And have you found Gavin yet?"

Shoupe sighed, "No."

Bella nodded, "It's a start."

"Get out of my damn office, I have work to do."

"Sir yes sir," Bella abruptly stood up and made for the door. 

"You'd make a good detective, just like your old man, with how persistent you are," Shoupe said opening his laptop again.

She grinned and looked back at him, "Yeah, but I'd hate it. Same reason he did: too many people, not enough good ones."

Shoupe chuckled, "Your father chased too many ghost stories to be good at this kinda stuff. Now get outta here kid, go to school."

"I'm homeschooled," Bella opened the door and quickly got out of there before he could say anything else.

🌊