The Cross

WC: 2,301

WC: 2,301

"That was pretty epic," Pope said. 

John B asked, "Did you guys see Kelce's face?"

"Bomb drop!" JJ shouts.

John B sighs, "Another broken couch."

"You gotta sleep there," Pope said.

"I always sleep there, when I'm not sleeping on my significantly more comfortable couch." JJ grins at Bella, but sees Sarah walk in "Hey. Well, hello, princess."

"What's up?" Kiara asks.

John B asked, "Shouldn't you be on Figure Eight with your little group of polo players? Or did you break up with Topper?"

"B!" Bella gasped and sat up from her spot laying against JJ, "Don't be rude before noon, that's the rule!"

JJ shook his head and made her lay back down. She hummed in content.

"We're just friends," Sarah looked at John B.

"He's just a friend. You have a lot of friends, Sarah Cameron."

"Yeah, and it seems like you've got some of your own, too."

"There's so much hostility so early," Bella whispered to JJ.

JJ shushed her but quietly chuckled.

"Alright what are you doing here?"

Sarah sighs, "I'm here for Pope."

Pope's brows furrowed and he looked at her.

"I think I found the island room."

Everyone sat up.

🌊

"Guys, listen to this," Pope reads, "The diary says the cross holds the most holy relic in all of Christendom, the Garment of the Savior."

Kiara asked, "So wait, he's saying there's a holy garment inside the cross?"

"Oh that's gotta be the shawl, I didn't know it was holy though," Bella said reading along.

"Yeah, it says that garment is capable of healing the sick from any malady."

JJ nods, "Mm, yeah. 'If only I may touch his garment, I shall be made well.'" The others gave him a confused look, "What? I went to Sunday school."

Bella's brows furrowed, "Oh yeah. Back when our parents couldn't find us a babysitter that summer."

JJ nodded.

"Sure."

"Well that explains why Limbrey would want the cross so bad," Pope said. "She thinks it can heal her."