My Druthers pt II

WC: 1,386

WC: 1,386

JJ got up and grabbed a beer, "John B. You wanna shotgun one in the name of freedom?"

John B just walked past him. JJ furrowed his brows.

"Sarah you wanna-"

"No!"

JJ opened his beer, and joined Bella down by the docks. "Why does no one want to shotgun a beer with me?"

"Mm, probably because it's not even noon yet," Bella chuckled and laid back.

JJ sighed and took a seat next to her, "I know better than to ask you either."

"Oh good, you know when to cut your losses. You've known I don't drink for a long time, I'm proud you remembered."

JJ rolled his eyes, "Of course I remember. Just like I remember you not having a gold pendant on your shark necklace. Where'd that come from?"

Bella took off the necklace and showed it to him, "I don't know. It was my dad's, I found it in his stuff a little while ago and just... liked it."

"Hmm, it looks cool. And it looks like it has writing on it, what's it say?"

"Mm, just some lyrics to an old nursery rhyme my dad used to sing to me, I think this is where he got it," Bella put the necklace back on.

"Huh, didn't realize your old man was a singer," JJ laughed.

Bella rolled her eyes, "He wasn't. This was like the only thing he ever sang to me."

JJ's phone rang, "It's Guffy." He picked up, "Yo, what's up?"

Bella watched as his eyes widened. JJ got off the phone.

"Something's happened to Heyward."

"Go get Pope! Well take the Jeep," Bella quickly got up.

"Pope! Pope!" He pants. "Just got a call from Guffy. Something happened to your pops."

Pope followed after him, "What?"

"John B! Sarah! Come on!" Kiara shouted.

They all piled into Bella's Jeep and she sped off.

🌊

"Let me know if I'm hurting you," Bella gently said as she placed a bandaid on Heyward's freshly cleaned wound.

Heyward groans as she places light pressure, "You're doing just fine."

"There," Bella gently said taking a step back to sit next to JJ.

"Thank you darlin'."

"Pop what happened?" Pope asked.

"Oh, I should've known better. He came in just as I was about to lock up. Caught me by surprise." Heyward explains, "Once he had me down he put his knee in my chest, and he asked me about that- that- that key from that- that drawing you showed me. And in case you're wondering, I ain't tell him nothing. Now did you track it down?"