⁂ 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝔀𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓶𝓪𝓷

People around me are too busy eating and talking with peers during the feast. Children keep on running the vicinity playing a chase-game with their friends. The festival becomes lively and cheerful event that night.

I participates as well on the festival along with my friend, Jess. We are discussing about our boutique business while walking beside the food stalls.

"Jess, let's try these apple toffees" I told her. She stops walking and look at me.

"I'm monitoring my carbs, Y/N. I don't want to get fat" She squealed at me and turned to walked further.

I scoffs lightly at her exclamation. I know she only talks don't do any action. She is already skinny enough, what else she wants to look like, a skeleton.

"Wow you are all mouth and no trousers. You never lose your weight from avoiding eating sweets" I teased her and laugh.

Walking between the crowded place, the side of my eyes spotted a familiar figure sitting on the brick wall near the festival.

I saw that man sitting on the brick wall, looking down on town people. He wears thin clothes again that made me concern about him.

"Hey Jess!" I hold her hand, stoping her from walking. "You wait here, I need to do something important" I told her and steps further.

I made my way through the crowd. Finally I reached the wall and looks up on the man. He seems busy thinking or watching the people on the ground.

I turned back to see place crowded with people. What is he looking at? I turned to him. I took off my coat and extended my hand towards him.

"Excuse me sir? The weather is too cold you can use my coat, I don't mind" I smile sweetly at him and waited for a second but he didn't respond. I blinked and looked around.

Did he just ignore me?

I glanes over his face. I thought the man is a bit deaf. I cleared my throat and spoke in a louder voice.

"Mister? Excuse me you might get hypothermia. Use my coat" I said to him.

This time he finally hear me. I smiles after getting his attention. But when his eyes meets mine I feel a sudden cold wind blows by passing me.

I feels like something stole my breath away when I got the chance to see his face properly. He looks like a human and non-human with his flawless porcelain skin and innocent features. I feel enchanted by his looks. I didn't realise I'm in trance.

I came back to my senses after staring competition with him for a good whole minute. The man didn't speak nor budged.

"I'm talking to you mister?" I assured him.

His expressionless face suddenly show some facial expressions which shows surprise, if I'm not wrong.

"She could see me?" He whispered under his breath, but I heard it, because it loud enough.

"Ah splendid!" I chuckled. "You could talk! I thought you are mute. Just get my coat because it is very rude to not accept someone's mind offer" I walk closer to him. "They say it's a bad luck" I told him secretly and laughed.

I try to light up the mood between us. It's kinda odd for me to meet a man whom I'm seeing every winter but never talked before. Same goes to him maybe he feels a little embarrassed in talking with me.

"I'm a-alright! I don't feel cold at all" He shutters.

"No, it's all in your mind but your body is suffering from the past few years. Take this" I shoved him with the coat.

"For the past few years? What do you mean?" He questions.

"I see you sitting above the brick wall at the National Library every winter Wearing nothing but thin clothes ever since I was a child" I told him.

I get confused too. Why he asking this? Has he never saw me before? Am I the only one who see him sitting above the wall?

"I love snow so much but I know it's bad for my health same goes to you so please mister don't expose yourself too much from it" I told him.

His eyes didn't take off from me and now I started to feel uneasy, not because him staring at me but something in him makes me feel uncomfortable.

His eyes went bigger after a minute after processing something and it alarmed him.

Before I ask something, he raised his hands, quickly chanting something. I thought he is going to fall so I grabbed the man's shoes. A blizzard formed around us.