⁂ 𝒹ℯℯ𝓅 𝒾𝓃𝓉ℴ 𝓉𝒽ℯ 𝓊𝓃𝓀𝓃ℴ𝓌𝓃

It was during winter, everything was covered in white-bluish snows. Everyone was walking around the town wearing their most thick coats to avoid frost bites.

A group of children decided to walk on the frozen river and some wanted to skate above it letting the minimum warmth of sun light touches their puffy cheeks.

"Come on! Don't be afraid, the ice on river is so thick. It could handle our weight" My friend Jess shouts, standing a bit far away from me.

I turned my attention to the children happily skates around the river.

"Are you sure? My uncle said that many people died especially children because they tend to walk around here. They said this river is a bad luck and hates children who plays carelessly on it" I told her.

"That's just a rumour! Your uncle only wants to scare you off Y/N. Come on!" She giggled.

Jess pulled me in the center of the river while she was trying to steady her shaky legs worrying that something bad might happen to us. She chuckled looking at my face.

"See? Try to skate now. You can do it!" Jess told me.

"Yeah" I chuckled. Her worries washed away as I enjoys sliding around the river, little did I know that I was approaching a part of the river that is fragile and ready to crack.

"Y/N!! Don't go too far!" She yells.

"I am fine. Don't worry!" I smile.

I skates further on the river, approaching the centre of the river. I am so into my skating that I didn't pay attention on the layer of the snow here is not strong enough to handle my weight.

I slides another one until ice breaks in an instant I dropped my body under the freezing water and shouting my lungs out to call for a help.

"Some...one... please help me!!!" I chokes.

My lower body starts to feel numb and I starts having difficulty in breathing since the very cold water is burning my chest. It feels like the cold water tearing my skin.

The people around the river saw the situation and hurriedly calls for a help. I was still crying out loud to escape the deadly hole. I lost my energy and slowly sinking under the river.

My vision was getting blurry, feeling the agony of running out of air and I was almost at the verge of losing consciousness, but I was still fighting to stay up.

Someone help me!

The water surrounding me suddenly freezes, stopping me to sink deeper. I tried to open my eyes but every thing seems blurry. I was verge of losing of hope to get out of this hole and let my body sunk deeper.

Until I felt someone grabbed my body with very cold hands, lifting me up. I opened my half eyes to see his side profile. His hand was around my waist holding me tightly. He helped me swim to the shore.

I take a heavy intake of oxygen as I feel myself breathless for a moment. It takes me a second to resume myself.

What just happened?

I turned to look at the tall man who help me to come to the shore.

"Thank you...." I gasped for some air. "Who are you mister" I coughs holding my chest.

With the blurry vision, I could tell that it's a man, but he started walking away. I try to hold his hand but he is gone, already.

"So cold..." I coughs. "Thank you again mister. I whispered to myself, hugging myself. I was drenched all over. Shivering, I tried to give myself warmth by rubbing my arms slowly, but it didn't work.

After waiting for a minute, I heard some noises coming over to me. Some people of town and a rescuer rushed carefully to get me since they are trying not to make big crack in the river that could cause death on civilians. Someone checks on the hole.

"Child, are you alright. Where does it hurt?" I heard a husky voice. I nodded slowly.

"Give her the blanket, help her!" I heard some people shouting to help me.

My consciousness is about to give up, when I feel myself in the air, probably someone carried me. And before I lose my senses I see silver colored pearls on the ground cuddling between the grass.