⁂ ℴ𝓇𝒾ℊ𝒾𝓃 ℴ𝒻 𝒻𝒶𝒾𝓇𝒾ℯ𝓈

I spend my years of learning ancient scriptures, artefacts and old books that tells their century's untold history and secrets of this world.

After the day of that incident, my life has changed so much. From that day the curiosity to know about fairies is all I have done. After learning about the history, I automatically grew interested in it. Students in my class make fun of me, telling me that I am weird.

Yes, I am! I'm weirdo! So what? I never paid attention to them. They were just distraction for me. I only have one friend, more likely best friend, a sister with whom I can share my problem.

Jess, Jessica is the one and only friend I have since my childhood. We shared every secret with each other. I also consider her a part of my family. After my parents death, she is the only one who stand with me in my worst days. Not only her but her family too. They all treated me like they treat Jess.

I work as a history professor in a Prestige University. I never wanted to become a professor. It's just circumstances were such that I had to become one.

But lately, I got some interest in it. Teaching children is a huge task in itself, answering all their questions, whether they make sense or not.

Currently I was touring my students inside the National library. A group of college students follows me as where I was going listening of my lectures.

"The word Fairy derived from the Latin fata and is from the old French form Faerie, describing 'Enchantment'. Other forms are the Italian fata and the Provençal 'Fada'" I turned to them, telling them.

"In old French romance, 'Fee' was a woman skilled in magic and who knew the power and virtue of words of stones and of herbs" I continued to walk forward in a moderate pace as they all followed me.

"Historians said that fairies use their magic to enchant to humans. Fairies are generally described as human is appearance and having magical powers. Diminutive Fairies of one kind of another have been recorded for centuries"

"But occur alongside the human-sized beings. These have been depicted as ranging in size from very tiny up to the size of a human child" I glance over to them. They all looked tired already, just after walking for a minute.

"Do you believe in fairies ma'am?" A boy raised his hand. I looked over to him.

"Duh! It was just a fiction that our ancestors made. Fairies do not exist..." A boy nudges him. Before I even speak they start making their assumptions.

"Hey shut your mouth before Professor Y/N would flunk your grades!" A girl sad, stopping him from talking further.

Ugh! I hate being a professor sometimes.

I smiles on my student's reaction and fixed my eyeglasses. I cleared my throat, grabbing their attention to me. "Let's put it this way, folklorists have suggested that then actual origin lies in religious beliefs that lost currency with the advent of Christianity"

"Fairies might exist but was omitted on book of Enoch along with creatures such as behemoth and fallen angels"

"It was before one of chapters in Bible that was denied to include, keeping holiness of the Bible, leaving only Jesus Christ as the only high form of Divinity and power"

"Moving on, many explanation have been given for a belief in fairies. Some say that they are ghosts, spirit of the dead neither bad enough for Hell nor good enough for Heaven" I glare at the boy who asks me the questions and smile genuinely.

I sigh before walking to our destination, where we are supposed to stop. We stopped in front of a famous fairy painting of Sophie Anderson's.

"Last point for today, fairies is also called 'Hidden People'. They have the power to allow you to see their appearance"

I speak while my eyes stuck on the painting. It always make me doubt that, the man who helped me to come out of that deadly hole is really a fairy.

"Woah! That's look like she is staring deep into my soul" A girl exclaimed looking at the painting with her mouth open. I turned to them.

"That's all for today. See you tomorrow everyone. Same location, same time. Good day"

A smile of satisfaction could be seen on their face. The students bowed slightly and walked off their way outside the national library.

I turned back to glance over at the painting. That's true it feels like that she is staring at me. I blinked and turned to see an old man appeared inside the library painting section. My lips curved seeing him here.

"You are teaching Literature and History for almost five years Ms Y/N and yet only questions appeared in every information you have discovered" He chuckled.