she cheats on you with your best friend - alternate ending (requested)

Author's Note: this chapter is an alternate ending to the first part of this chapter. I'm aware that not everyone will agree with the decisions made by y/n but I ask that you please remain respectful. Thank you and enjoy! 🩷🩵🩷🩵

————————————————————

"Mina?" You called out as you let yourself into the house where you and Mina once lived together.

Today, you're here to grab the divorce paper from her that she's supposed to have signed.

Mina was supposed to meet you at the door but, obviously, she hadn't.

As you continue to call out for her, you keep walking further into the house, eventually making your way up the stairs.

"Come on, Mina. I'm not in the mood for this." You said as you made your way into the bedroom.

And that's where you saw her.

Sitting at the edge of the bed with a drink in her hand, she was wasted.

There were several bottles of alcohol around the room that she's consumed over the last couple of days.

The room was a mess and, honestly, so was she.

"Mina?" You spoke as you leaned against the doorframe.

She turned her head at the sound of your voice.

"Y/N," She said as her eyes lit up. "You're here!"

"I'm just here for the divorce paper." You said and watched the light in her eyes fade away.

"Oh, right. That." She said.

"Where is it?"

She nodded to her nightstand and you pulled the drawer open to find the paper inside, unsigned.

"Are you kidding me, Mina? You said you'd sign this!" You said in frustration.

Mina hung her head, dropping the empty bottle on the floor with a loud thud.

You let out a sigh and walked over to where she sat.

"Mina,"

"I'm sorry." She sniffled. "I've tried so hard to bring myself to sign it but I just can't."

You looked away from her as your heart sank in your chest.

Seeing her this way wasn't easy, even though you are still extremely upset with her.

"I know this is what you want. I know I messed up." She cried as she looked into your eyes. "But I deeply regret everything that happened. I don't know why I did it. I should've never done any of that to you."

"No, you shouldn't have." You spoke.

"I know I'm the worst wife in the whole world and I ruined everything between us. I hate myself so much. But I still love you."

"Mina," You sighed.

"Please," She cried. "Baby, please don't leave me. I know I screwed up and I know I'm a mess. I know I made a lot of mistakes and I regret every single one of them. But please... don't go."

"How am I supposed to trust you again? What happens if you decide that you made a mistake begging me to forgive you and you decide to do it all again with her or someone else?"

"No, I'd never do that. Because I know now just how much I messed up and I know how wrong it was. I swear, Y/N, I would never make those mistakes again. Nothing is ever worth losing you."

She sniffled and as a tear fell down her cheek, you wiped it away.

"I don't want to lose you. I don't deserve you, I know it. But I love you more than anything. You're the only one I want to spend my life with. I want to grow old with you and have a family with you and tell you how much you mean to me every day of my life. I will spend every day until we're old and grey telling you how truly sorry I am and finding a way to make things right. I promise,
Y/N. I will never hurt you again. I love you"

You couldn't deny how much you wanted those things with her.

Truthfully, you can't see yourself doing those things with anyone else.

Those were things you only ever wanted with Mina.

And, not to mention, as hard as you might try to hate her, you can't.

You still love her just as much as you always have.

"I love you too."

"You do?" She asked as a smile pulled at her lips.

"Yeah. I still love you, just as I always have and always will."

Her heart almost stopped when she felt you take her hand into yours.

"If I forgive you, if we do get back together, we have to take things slow. No rushing into anything."

"I understand and I'm perfectly okay with that. We can take things as slow as you need to." She said as she began to get excited and hopeful over where this was headed.

"Don't make me regret this."

"I won't, I swear!" She quickly spoke. "I love you so much, Y/N. I won't ever hurt you again, I promise. I'll do anything to make you believe me."

"I do believe you, Mina." You said and watched her breathe out a sigh of relief. "I'm still going to stay with a friend for a little longer. We have to go slow."

"Okay." She said. "So... does this mean-"

"Yes. I forgive you."

She threw her arms around your neck.

"But just because I forgive you doesn't mean I'm forgetting about what happened. That's going to take me some time."

"I understand completely."

"Don't rush me into anything."

"I won't, not ever." She promised.

She pulled away a second later.

"I missed you." She whispered.

"I missed you too."

"Can I kiss you?"

You leaned in and gave her a quick peck.

And even though it wasn't much, it was perfect to Mina, because it was more than she ever thought she'd get from you again.

"I love you. I promise I'll make everything right again."

"I know you will." You said. "I need you to sober up, okay? No more drinking."

"Okay." She agreed.

"have to go, I have a couple of things to do. But, maybe, I'll come back later."

"I'd love that." She smiled and kissed your hand before you grabbed the divorce paper and tore it apart, making her feel relieved.

She felt like things were going to be okay again.

She knew she had a lot of making up to do and she wouldn't hesitate to do whatever that consisted of.

But, for now, she was just happy to know that you forgave her and things were going to be okay between you again, given a little TLC.