nothing can break us apart (requested)

You tangled your fingers in your hair with a heavy sigh.

Mina was still shouting and arguing with you as she stood across the room, just as stressed and overwhelmed as you.

"It's like I barely see you anymore, Mina! We were supposed to have some time together today and I waited for you at the restaurant for hours and you never showed up and then I see it's because you were out with some other girl!"

"I don't know what to tell you, Y/N." She said as she rubbed her temples.

"How about the truth! You wanted to spend time with some other girl rather than with me. Just admit it!"

"That is so not true!" She shouted defensively.

"Really? Because you spent time with her rather than with me and during the time when we're supposed to have a date together. Our first date in a long while!"

She shook her head with a sigh.

"You don't want to be with me anymore, right? You like her more?"

"Don't say that. It's not true and you know it." She said as she clenched her jaw.

"Oh, really? Because I think it is very true. You didn't tell me that you weren't showing up to the date and you went out with her instead!"

"Because I forgot about the date, okay!?"

You stared at her in sadness as the confession left her lips.

"So you forgot about me? About the date?"

"Yes." She quietly answered.

"Do you even love me anymore, Mina?"

Her heart dropped over your question.

She quickly looked up at you and gazed at you in disbelief.

"How can you even ask me that?"

"Just tell me what you were doing with her. Please."

She sighed before she shook her head again.

"I can't."

"Fine. Then I'll pack my things and leave. You can't tell me the truth, you blew off our date for this girl, and you couldn't even call or text me. We're standing in the kitchen having the worst fight we've ever had and you can't even be honest with me. I'm done."

"No!" She said as she hurried over to you.

She gently wrapped her fingers around your wrist to hold you back.

"Let me go. Right now."

"No. I can't do this. You can't go!"

"You can't tell me the truth so why shouldn't I?" You asked as you turned around to face her.

"You want the truth? Fine." She said. "That girl is a staff member of JYP. She's someone I've become friends with but we are only friends."

"Then what's so hard about telling me that sooner!?' You yelled.

"Because I didn't want to tell you why we were out because she was helping me find a ring so I can propose to you, dammit!" She yelled back at you.

You stood there in shock as her words sank in.

"What?" You quietly asked.

She let you go as she went over to her purse and pulled a black velvet box out of it.

"This is so not how I wanted this to go. When I thought about proposing to you, I pictured candles, slow music, flower petals, and a romantic dinner. Not us getting over a fight that almost ends our relationship. But I can't let you go. Not when I have so many plans and ideas for our future together."

You sniffled as she handed you the box.

You opened it and saw the most beautiful diamond ring inside of it.

"It's beautiful."

"Yeah? I hope so. I had it made special just for you."

Your heart melted and tears filled your eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me that you weren't going to make it to our dinner?" You asked curiously, voice calm and quiet.

"Because I didn't want to start something. I knew you'd be upset and I didn't want to ruin the surprise. That was stupid and wrong though and I'm so sorry. But I only had this little slot of time to go and meet this designer before he left for a few days." She explained.

"And why not the girls? Why'd you take her instead?"

"As if the girls would keep this a secret. They've been begging me to propose already. All of them would've told you. They wouldn't have been able to hide it."

You chuckled, knowing she was right about that.

"I swear to you, she's only a friend. I don't want anyone else. I only want you... forever. Because I love you more than anything, Y/N."

"I love you too." You said as she stared into your eyes. "I believe you."

"Let's not let anything ruin our relationship, okay? Nothing can keep us apart, nothing in this world, okay?"

"Okay." You smiled before she took the ring out of the box.

She was about to get down on one knee when you blurted out,

"Yes!"

She stared at you in silence for a second before giggling.

"I'm supposed to get down on one knee and ask you to marry me first, right?"

"Usually, yeah. But I just want you to hold me and kiss me. So, yes."

She smiled before slipping the ring on your finger.

"I'm going to make up for this. I'm going to cook you a beautiful dinner someday with candles and love songs and flower petals everywhere. Because you deserve it."

"Mina, all I want is you. I don't care about anything else." You said before pecking her lips. "I love you so much and I'm sorry for everything."

"Me too, sweet girl." She said before kissing you again.

You squealed in excitement as you looked at the ring on your finger.

"We're getting married!"

"We are!" She grinned before hugging you tight. "And I couldn't be more excited."

"Me too." You grinned and clung to her as happy tears fell from your eyes, knowing that she was all you ever wanted forever.