you have a difficult labor (requested)

Mina's heart shattered as she watched you struggle.

You're on the floor of the hospital room, trying your hardest to keep calm as you work on bringing your baby into the world.

She's trying so hard to support you through it all but she's unsure of what she can do to help you through the pain.

She's letting you squeeze her hands tight and she's whispering encouraging words to you.

But the pain is so intense; much worse than you ever imagined it would be.

"Come on, baby. Keep breathing. You're doing a fantastic job." She said as she rubbed your back comfortingly.

The biggest problem you're facing right now is the fact that you're not progressing much.

It's been a few hours since everything started and according to the nurse, you're not where you should be just yet.

Mina was extremely scared about this but the nurses assured her that it rarely ever leads to complications.

However, it is mentally and physically draining and Mina can tell that it's taking a toll on you.

The pain started to fade a little but seeing that it's strong and regular, you both know the relief you feel now won't last very long.

"Are you doing okay, baby?" Mina asked you with a soft voice as she watched you with sad and worried eyes.

"No." You whimpered. "This is so hard, Mina."

"I know, my love." She said as she rubbed your back. "I'm so sorry. I want to help you somehow and make you feel better. What can I do?"

"I don't know." You sniffled.

"Shh," She whispered as tears filled your eyes. "Come here, my love."

She pulled you close and kissed your head lovingly, just as the pain returned.

"Oh, god," You groaned.

"You're doing so good, baby. Breathe for me. I'm right here."

You bit your lip and kept your head against her shoulder as Mina comforted you the best she possibly could.

It took a moment but the pain faded again, giving you a short moment of relief once more.

"Should we talk to the nurse and see what we can do to help speed this up?" She asked as she stared into your eyes.

"Yeah."

"Okay." She said and kissed your head before getting up to grab the nurse.

After a few minutes of getting told what you could do to make this difficult labor a little easier, you and Mina discussed it.

"Changing positions doesn't seem to be helping much." She said as she brushed a lock of hair behind your ear. "Do you feel like moving around?"

"Yeah. I'll try anything at this point." You said and Mina bit her lip as she caressed your cheek.

"Anything? Including some pain medication?"

You wanted to protest because when you and Mina sat down a while ago and spoke about this day, you were very adamant about wanting to do it naturally.

She knows you're more than capable of it and you know the same so she was happy to support you in that decision, if it's what you wanted.

"No." You said, shaking your head.

"I need you to think about, darling." She pleaded. "I know you wanted it all natural and without medicine but things have changed. I hate seeing you suffer like this. They said it would help a lot. Please think about it."