20 ♥♠Roses Galore♣♦ Surely Things Won't Get Worse?

“Waahh… The rose trees are all starting to float around the garden…!” Grim exclaimed. The rose trees really were doing just that. “This is a huge amount of magic! Is he really going to come after us with all that!?” Deuce exclaimed. “Rose trees, heed my call! To pieces with them all!!!” Riddle commanded the trees. 

One of them ended up shooting a couple of holes through your right arm. It wasn’t anything you couldn’t handle, but it did mean that you wouldn’t be able to fight with your right arm… “This is bad! Dodge!” Mr. Crowley yelled. He couldn’t have yelled that like five seconds sooner? Grr. “It’s too late…!” Yuu tried to warn everyone. 

“!? This is…!?” Riddle questioned. Oh come on. Now this happens? After you’ve already been injured??? Grr… “...H-Huh!? We’re alive? And what are these? Playing cards?” Ace questioned while still yelling. “The rose trees have all been turned into cards!” Deuce exclaimed. “Riddle, please, just stop!” Trey begged Riddle. 

“Trey’s ‘Doodle Suit’!? Eh… What’s going on…?” Cater questioned as he rejoined all of you on the other side of the fog. “The magic sealing collar is gone too!” Grim exclaimed, mainly just happy to be free of the stupidly heavy collar. “I told you, didn’t I? My ‘Doodle Suit’ can overwrite anything for a short period of time. So… I overwrote ‘Riddle’s magic’ into ‘my magic’.” Trey said. Hmm, that’s pretty powerful. “You’re kidding… That’s possible!? That’s a total cheat move!” Cater exclaimed.

“Keh… Off with their heads! I said off with their heads! Why won’t anything but card suits appear!?” Riddle questioned. It seemed that Trey was hard at work rewriting all of the awful magic that Riddle was casting. “Riddle, stop this. If you keep going like this, you’re just going to isolate yourself further! Look at everyone’s faces!” Trey yelled. You couldn’t really hear what the Heartslabyul residents were saying. Your body had kinda gone into adrenaline mode to stop you from feeling the pain in your arm. And with that it had heightened your eyesight at the cost of your hearing.

“Huh…? Trey overwrote my magic…? Does this mean your magic surpasses mine?” Riddle questioned. “There’s no way that’s the case. Riddle, calm down a bit and let’s talk this out.” Trey tried to reason with the angry Riddle. “So you want to tell me I’m wrong too? Even though we’ve been upholding these strict rules this whole time?! I’ve been enduring and enduring and enduring this whole time! I… I… don’t believe you!” Riddle was going absolutely insane.

“Mr. Rosehearts, you mustn’t! If you keep using magic, your magic crystal is going to be covered in ‘blot’!” Mr. Crowley warned. Unfortunately you barely heard any of this.

“I am… I AM!!! Absolutely, definitely CORRECT!!!” Riddle screamed as he transformed into a dark version of the Queen of Hearts and had a shadow attached to his back directly resembling the fabled Queen of Hearts. “RIDDLE!!!” Trey yelled in fear for his friend. Those last two parts you did actually hear. Their poor vocal cords… 

“A black aura is coming from his whole body! And his appearance changed!” Yuu exclaimed. “Hnhnhn… HAHAHAHAHAHA!! Those foolish enough to disobey me, I have no need of them in my world. I am the law in my world. I am the rules! No other response than ‘Yes, Lord Riddle’ is acceptable!! It’s off with the heads of any who disobey me! Ahahahahaha!!” Riddle yelled, his voice echoing slightly. 

“Ahh, look at this mess! A student has gone into overblot right in front of me!” Mr. Crowley cried. “What the hell is overblot!? He suddenly looks super evil!” Grim exclaimed. “Overblot is a state that mages must avoid at all costs. He’s being caught up in a storm of negative energy that has made him lose control of his emotions and magic.” Mr. Crowley explained. “I don’t really get it.” Grim said. “Me, neither!” Deuce also said. “Oh, for goodness’ sake! In plain terms: he’s fallen into an evil berserker state!” Cater yelled, fed up with the lack of intelligence some people (and monsters) had. “His life is in danger if he keeps releasing magic like this.” Trey further elaborated. “His life!?” Grim started to freak out.

“Right now, the safety of the other students is the top priority. I shall evacuate the other residents. Mr. Rosehearts must be brought back to his senses before he runs out of magic. Losing his life would be terrible, but what would be even worse than that is… Anyway, I need all of you to find the other dorm leaders and teachers and ask for their assistance–” Mr. Crowley instructed. “GAAAAHHH! EAT THIS!!!” Ace screamed as he cast a wind spell towards Riddle. 

After a brief moment of confusion, the gist of what Ace was trying to do was released by all of the others. “Come forth! Cauldron!” Deuce yelled as he summoned a cauldron to land on Riddle’s head. “Fffgnaa~~! Grim cast a fire spell towards Riddle. “What are you fools doing?” Riddle spoke up again.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, what do you guys think you’re doing?!” Cater asked louder for Riddle. “He’s only in danger like this!!” Grim exclaimed. “I won’t be able to sleep at night if he reaches that stage. And besides…” Deuce justified his actions. “I haven’t gotten him to say ‘I was wrong, I’m so sorry’ yet!” Ace gave his stupid and very selfish reason. “You guys… Alright! It won’t be for very long, but I can continue to overwrite his magic with my own for a bit. Please, you have to defeat him while I can keep this up! Headmaster, please work on evacuating the residents.” Trey offered.

“Hold on just a second! All of you! It’s too dangerous!” Mr. Crowley interfered. “Yeah! Why are you encouraging this, Trey? You know you can’t beat Riddle!” Cater agreed with Mr. Crowley. “Only challenging guys you know you can beat is a way too lame way to live!” Ace yelled. Well, what if everyone else was too weak to give you a decent fight? How about then, Ace? “That isn’t cool at all!” Grim agreed. “I can’t think of anything else that can bring him back to his senses quickly.” Deuce said. “Yeah, I can’t lose him here. There’s… There’s still something I have to say to him.” Trey agreed with everything that everyone was saying. The side in favor of stopping Riddle here and now, of course.

“There’s no going back now! Let’s take down Dorm Leader Riddle together!” Yuu exclaimed. “...Aaah, shit! Fine, I get it. This really isn’t my style, though!” Cater finally agreed with them all. “You boys, I swear… As soon as I finish evacuating the other students, I’ll be back! Hold on until then!” Mr. Crowley said right before he turned around to help the students.

“This guy, that guy, you all have some nerve… I’ll take all your heads off at once!” Riddle screamed. “Riddle’s body can’t keep this up. We have to stop him before it’s too late…” Trey said before casting his Unique Magic again. “Damn it. Damn it! Why do you keep getting in my way, Trey?!” Riddle screamed. “Alright! He sealed Riddle’s collar attack with this!” Grim exclaimed. “He can’t keep it up for long. We’re still in a pinch here.” Cater replied. “Hurry and finish this while I still have blocked Riddle’s Unique Magic!” Trey exclaimed. You were waiting to see if they would need outside influence, while also trying to stop your arm from losing too much more blood. 

“This guy’s magic is endless!” Ace exclaimed. “I am absolutely, definitely in the right!” Riddle continued to justify himself. “Riddle…” and Trey continued to be worried. “Trey, focus! The moment you let your guard down, we’re done for!” Cater yelled to Trey. “! Sorry!” Trey responded.

Ace kept flinging out wind spells, Deuce cauldrons and Grim fire spells. It was a slow process. Too slow. Everyone was starting to take a toll from how much magic they’ve used. A little bit later you noticed that everyone was exhausted and about to fall to the ground, you summoned a dagger and threw it with your left arm. It hit its target, Riddle’s shadow. The shadow of the Queen of Hearts. It was pure luck that allowed the shadow to dissipate at the force of the knife. Except that it shattered like glass. Riddle said “Was… I wrong…? That can’t be right… Mo…ther…“ before he fell to the ground and fainted.