5 ♥♠Roses Galore♣♦ Dormitory Pains

“Cater, you’re gonna scare them off. Calm down a bit.” Trey intervened before Cater could try to convince the two of you some more. “Ahaha, sorry, sorry! You were talking about the dorms, yeah? That’s a good conversation topic! Makes for a nice change. Let your elders tell you whatever you wanna know.” Cater calmed down and spoke. Piping up, Ace asked “Honestly, I want to know about our own dorm first, I won’t lie. The hell is up with those crazy ‘Laws of the Queen of Hearts’?”

“You know all about the legendary Queen of Hearts, right? She created a wonderland of madness built on strict adherence to her rules.” Trey answered. “Out of respect for the Queen of Hearts, those of us in Heartslabyul traditionally wear red and black arm bands, just like her dress, and uphold the laws she made.” Cater continued. 

“Sounds way too stuffy for me!” Grim exclaimed. “How strictly we follow the rules depends on the dorm leader. Last year’s was pretty chill about it.” Cater explained. “Bleeeh. What a pain…” Ace complained. 

“So what about the other dorms?” Grim asked. “Cater mentioned it earlier, but there are seven dorms fashioned after each of the Great Seven. Our dorm, Heartslabyul, is founded on the strict spirit of the Queen of Hearts. After that, there’s Savanaclaw, the dorm founded on the fortitude of the King of Beasts. Octavinelle, the dorm founded on the benevolence of the Sea Witch. Scarabia, the dorm founded on the deliberation of the Sorcerer of the Sands. Pomefiore, the dorm founded on the earnest endeavors of the Fairest, Beautiful Queen. Ignihyde, the dorm founded on the diligence of the Lord of the Underworld. And finally Diasomnia, the dorm founded on the majesty of the Fairy of Thorns.” Trey finished. 

Wow… that’s a painfully long explanation… You didn’t even think there were that many executives in the Port Mafia… But, what if there are mind readers here?!?! Your eyes widened ever so slightly. This was a world full of innocence. You didn’t want to tarnish that… Plus, it probably didn’t matter what world you were in. The people living there more than likely knew what a mafia was…

And then there was the matter of your extra assassin job. No matter if everyone here for the most part resembled Disney Villains, murder still probably wasn’t very common. After a while, you’d lost track of how many jobs you took on. How many organizations perished by your hand. 

Though it was understandable to forget. That awful man that was unfortunately your biological father taught you how to use your first knife. From there it led to your first kill at the young age of 4. Yep, most kids would be soon starting kindergarten, you soon started working for the Port Mafia… 

“Their names are too long! No way I’m gonna remember all of them!” Grim exclaimed. “Ahaha! Just the rough ideas fine. You’ll remember them all eventually.” Cater comforted Grim. “Which dorm you enter is based on the judgment of the Dark Mirror when it looks at your soul during the entrance ceremony… So you’ll find each dorm is filled with similar types of people.” Trey elaborated.

“You’re right about that. I totally see it” Cater said. “What kinds of types?” Deuce asked. “For example… Look, over there.” Trey pointed to Jack. “A buff guy with dog ears is a new one for me.” Yuu said. “That’s Jack, a first year student like us. He’s in my class and pretty chill.” You responded to Yuu.

“When you see someone as built as that, you instantly think of Savanaclaw.” Trey continued. “Totally! That dorm has a lot of people who’re good at sports and martial arts. They’re, like, the buff and gruff big bro types, if you get what I mean. Savanaclaw wears yellow and black armbands.” Cater explained further.

“Ohm, okay. Then what about that guy with the gray and lavender thing on his arm?” Grim asked. “He’s from Octavinelle. The guys with the dark red and yellow bands sitting at the table in front of us are from Scarabia.” Trey answered. “They say the ones with the brains go to either of those two dorms. Always feels like they’re both super close in scores for written tests. …That said, the Scarabia dorm leader isn’t really that great at studying.” Cater elaborated.