XLII

🗡️🗡️🗡️

"Since the training camp was cut short, today you will be developing your ultimate moves," Aizawa said tiredly as he settled down on the stand at the front of the classroom. "Go get changed and I'll lead you to gym gamma where you'll be told what to do. Midnight, Cementoss and Ectoplasm will be joining us."

"Ooo ultimate moves? Sounds fancy." Mina said excitedly, dragging Aeri out of the classroom by the arm.

"Do you have an idea of what you want yours to be?" Aeri asked her, smiling brightly as they skipped down the hall together with linked arms.

"Nope, but I'll figure it out!"

🗡️🗡️🗡️

Aeri hadn't summoned Dalnim since the night of the kidnapping, and Dalnim hadn't appeared before her either. She wasn't even sure if Dalnim wanted her to inherit her power since she didn't discover it on her own, she found out through eavesdropping. Did Dalnim even appear during the day? She was a moon deity...

Aeri gripped the roots of her hair, groaning in frustration. It'd been half an hour and everyone was already getting to work, some had already figured out their ultimate moves, but Aeri stood by the wall doing absolutely nothing.

She didn't know enough about her own power to be able to create an ultimate move and that pissed her off to no end.

"What are you doing just standing here? get to work." Cementoss reprimanded her. Aeri shot him a sharp glare.

"I'm trying to think." She replied.

How did she even summon Dalnim last time? Did Aeri summon the goddess or did she appear of her own volition? All she remembered at that moment was the window busting inwards and then Dalnim's voice flooding the room. Was that a response to her own anger? or Dalnim's? Or was it Dohwan's lies that forced her to appear?

Aeri groaned once more and then kicked a pebble that had landed by her feet as a result of her classmates' destructive tendencies. She stomped over to her dad and patiently waited for him to finish instructing Kirishima.

Aizawa turned to her once Kirishima had run off to practice, raising an eyebrow in a silent command for her to go on.

"Can you call Jinyoung? Jinyoung knows everything and I need his help." Aeri asked him, fiddling with the dagger in her hand.

"Jinyoung is in Korea and even if he was here, he's no longer allowed to set foot on UA campus." Aizawa sighed. Aeri gaped, her mouth opening and closing as she tried to think of what to say.

"Why isn't he allowed on campus?"

"He stabbed a student in an exam, you do the math." Her dad looked at her incredulously, as if it was common sense.

"Oh, right..." Aeri nodded, her lips pursing as she tried to think of a new idea. "Okay then, what about Hyunjin? He's in Japan and he's here right now."

"I can't just pull him out of class, just tell me what you need and I'll try to help you." Aizawa sighed, massaging his temples with his pointer fingers.

"I need to know everything about Mom, Dalnim and all the Moon family history," Aeri said simply. "This is why I wanted Jinyoung." She added.

Her dad let a deep, heavy breath out of his nose, his lips pressed together firmly. "I don't know enough to help you... You need all this information for your ultimate move?"

"Well yeah, I don't know shit about all this power I suddenly have... how am I supposed to figure out an ultimate move when I don't know the first thing about it?" Aeri confirmed.