XXV

🗡️🗡️🗡️

"What the fuck is that guy doing here?" Bakugou whispered aggressively to Aeri as they walked into the gym. Aeri wore Nike Pro spandex and a tightly fitted seamless black Nike running jacket. Bakugou wore his usual black tank top and gym shorts.

The guy in question, Shinsou, looked up as they entered. Jungwon and Hyunjin weren't here yet, probably still changing.

"My dad needs help with training him, he's probably gonna end up joining one of the hero classes," Aeri explained quietly, grabbing Bakugou by his hand when he tried to turn around and leave.

"I don't fucking like him." Bakugou spat.

"He's nice when he isn't bitching in our doorway, give him a chance Katsuki." She frowned, pulling him forward.

"You're calling me Katsuki now?" Bakugou smirked, changing the subject.

Aeri rolled her eyes. "You should be grateful I'm not calling you anything worse. That's okay isn't it?"

"Of course it fucking is, why are you even asking."

"Because you asked me a question!" She sassed, she gave his hand one last tug and they finally made it over to where Shinsou was standing. He looked between them awkwardly, his eyes settling on Bakugou.

"The fuck are you looking at shithead?" Bakugou bit, glaring at the boy in front of them.

"Bakugou, play nice." Aeri scolded.

"Is he training with us?" Shinsou asked tiredly, he looked a bit bothered to be in the presence of Bakugou.

"Yeah, normally it's me, my brothers, Bakugou and Kirishima and obviously now you. Kirishima couldn't come today though." Aeri confirmed. Shinsou's eyes drifted to their still-linked hands.

"Are you dating or something?"

"What's it to you, idiot?" Bakugou snarled, getting angrier by the second.

"Not yet," Aeri said cheekily. Bakugou's head snapped to her, wide-eyed. Shinsou looked even more awkward than before.

Lucky for the both of them, Aeri's brothers walked in so neither of them had to fumble over changing the subject.

"Right then, let's stretch and get started!" Hyunjin called happily, oblivious to the awkwardness in the air.

🗡️🗡️🗡️

"What did you mean by that earlier?" Bakugou asked, avoiding eye contact with her.

Aeri had been waiting outside for her brothers, cursing and mumbling about how long they always took when Bakugou approached her.

"What do you think I meant?" Aeri countered, smiling up at him.

"I don't fucking know, That's why I'm asking,"

"Shinsou asked a question, I answered. Don't act like you didn't deny it either." Aeri said, flicking her long hair over her shoulder as she gazed up at him. She'd never really tried to hide the fact that she liked him, not with all the casual flirting and lingering touches she'd been throwing in his direction, though it seemed it would take her telling him outright for him to notice.

Bakugou stared at her as if she had two heads. He thought back to his earlier words and Aeri was right, he never gave a clear answer to Shinsou. He never really questioned why he was so comfortable around Aeri—she was the only one he would allow to freely touch and talk to him, the only one he could comfortably banter with without getting too defensive, the only one he'd really listen to. Bakugou had never really had any real friends, definitely never any female friends, so he assumed that was just what friendships were, but now that he was piecing everything together, it did seem more romantic than friendly.